Ubuntu Flutter Installer

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
tripleo
Level 1
Level 1

Ubuntu Flutter Installer

Post by tripleo »

Will you be including the new Ubuntu Flutter Installer in a new release? What are the plans regarding this?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Ubuntu Flutter Installer

Post by xenopeek »

There's no flutter on the roadmap: https://github.com/linuxmint/Roadmap. So no current plans. I would suspect something like that wouldn't be up for consideration until switching package base, with Linux Mint 21 development cycle next year.
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

I will cheerfully admit my ignorance on the Flutter installer, what, if any, advantage does it have over the current one? Also Ubuntu seems to be going to more spyware in their software according to what I am reading, so I know the Mint Devs will not allow that to happen.
Last edited by karlchen on Sun May 23, 2021 8:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: (original content restored)
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

MurphCID wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 12:43 pm I will cheerfully admit my ignorance on the Flutter installer
I didn't know about it either, so I searched and found an article: https://<blocked blogspam>/ubuntu-will-get-a ... ng-flutter
My favourite sentence in that article is:
Ubuntu’s current installer Ubiquity will still be available and maintained in the archives for any of the official Ubuntu flavors or third-party derivatives to use in their images.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
rene
Level 20
Level 20

Post by rene »

MurphCID wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 12:43 pm Also Ubuntu seems to be going to more spyware in their software according to what I am reading, so I know the Mint Devs will not allow that to happen.
You are probably referring to this: https://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2018/05/thi ... our-system. Note, while also I tend to never feel an opt-out a good idea over an opt-in it's really nothing special. Ubuntu is the "most commercial" of end-user Linux distributions and is as such quickly and by some by default approached similarly to e.g. Microsoft but with Linux's open nature it's a very different situation. Ubuntu is not some evil empire...
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

This is the 3rd post so lets see if it disappears like the others. Not sure what is going on here, it could be user error.
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

rene wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 8:39 pm
MurphCID wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 12:43 pm Also Ubuntu seems to be going to more spyware in their software according to what I am reading, so I know the Mint Devs will not allow that to happen.
You are probably referring to this: https://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2018/05/thi ... our-system. Note, while also I tend to never feel an opt-out a good idea over an opt-in it's really nothing special. Ubuntu is the "most commercial" of end-user Linux distributions and is as such quickly and by some by default approached similarly to e.g. Microsoft but with Linux's open nature it's a very different situation. Ubuntu is not some evil empire...
Yes, thank you.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”