Mint 20.2 Beta

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Mick-Cork
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Mint 20.2 Beta

Post by Mick-Cork »

Moem wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:06 am Now running 20.2 on my X220... I should have posted this tonight at 20:22 or 22:20 :mrgreen:
Or been even more patient and waited until the evening of 20th Feb next year! :)
Portreve
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Portreve »

Mick-Cork wrote: Fri Jul 09, 2021 1:19 pm Or been even more patient and waited until the evening of 20th Feb next year! :)
Oh good lord... I mean, I have patience, but not that kind of patience.

See signature below.

P.S.: I have now designed the new signature image for when LM 21 eventually drops, and I have to say I'm really proud of it. It kind of keeps the same color scheme, but it's new and unique.

P.P.S.: I'm thinking about doing different "editions", going forward. That comes from designing the new image for 21. I'm open to requests if someone would like one of these but they want to be unique and distinct.
Flying this flag in support of freedom 🇺🇦

Recommended keyboard layout: English (intl., with AltGR dead keys)

Podcasts: Linux Unplugged, Destination Linux

Also check out Thor Hartmannsson's Linux Tips YouTube Channel
rossdv8
Level 7
Level 7
Location: Within 2,000 kilometres of Alice Springs, Australia

Post by rossdv8 »

The transitions from Mint 19.3 to Mint 20, 20.1 and now 20.2 have been the smoothest I can recall experiencing in all my Minties since I first used Mint.
For the last couple of weeks I have had things working on Mint 20.2 that were a pain in the neck to set up previously.
In fact even some things that were previously relatively easy, were completed with no intervention at all in 20.2 !!

I had got into the habit of avoiding beta releases on my main machine, but this time I had a fallback (which is still running 19.3) if I needed it, and went ahead.

Two things that worked surprisingly well, much easier than inI had experienced in previous versions (possibly just because i had worked out the best way for me to do them) were VNC and LAN.

As I mentioned in another reply, the thing that was completely automatic was finding and setting up my (and accidentally, my neighbour's) printers.

The only thing that does not even try to work is Warpinator. Considering that LAN and VNC both work perfectly and I can move and copy files to and from each of the three machines and their attached drives, I'm guessing it is just some sort of wrinkle that still has to be ironed out of Warpinator.

I'm very glad I did decide to install 20.22 beta. :D
Current main OS: MInt 21.3 with KDE Plasma 5.27 (using Compiz as WM) - Kernel: 6.5.0-15 on Lenovo m900 Tiny, i5-6400T (intel HD 530 graphics) 16GB RAM.
Sharks usually only attack you if you are wet
baeverjo
Level 1
Level 1

Post by baeverjo »

Have just updated to 20.2 full. And have a problem connecting my computer through Warpinator 1.2.3. To my other devices. It was working fine in 20.1. The computer find my devices, but do not connect? My other devices connect to each other without problem. I have checked the firewall settings, network settings. But still not working. So if there is a fix please post it 😊

I manage to find out why warpinator did not connect at my Linux Mint 20.2. I had to sett the rules in my firewall manually, when using the buildt in firewall rules modification in warpinator it will not work 😑. Guess it is a bug. But as long one set up the firewall rules manually it work fine. 😊
Lars Magne Bæverfjord
(Baeverfjord in english)
baeverjo
jimallyn
Level 19
Level 19

Post by jimallyn »

Baeverjo, you would be much more likely to get a solution to your problem by creating a new thread in the appropriate forums area, rather than adding it to the Beta thread, especially since you mentioned you are using the final version and NOT the Beta version. NOBODY is likely to be looking here for problems they might be able to solve. Pick an appropriate forums area then repost this with an appropriate title so that anybody who sees it will know you have a problem you would like to get solved.
“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”