Thanks to LM developers and Community!

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
pasada
Level 2
Level 2

Thanks to LM developers and Community!

Post by pasada »

I have been using Linux Mint for about 6 months now, having moved over from Windows after becoming interested in learning more about computers. I quickly learned that Linux was where it's at.

I am by no means an experienced Linux user, but I do take time to learn something new each day. I am currently learning bash and I am slowly becoming obsessed with Linux - the freedom, the creativity, the power you can unlock.

This is amazing.

I realise this journey wouldn't be anywhere near as accessible if it wasn't for the dedication of developers that take time and care to create wonderful distros like Linux Mint. If Linux wasn't presented in such a clean and seamless way, I may have been less inclined to make the switch.
The community here has also been wonderful. I have met patient, informative, and supportive people who have taken the time to give clear and detailed advice and resources that have accelerated my learning and have proven invaluable. People here are kind to each other.

This is also amazing.

Now I feel confident using Linux. I have no problem going into terminal, and each day is a journey of discovery.
I dispense Linux Mint on a bootable USBs and give it to friends to try. I talk about Linux to loved ones. I'm a proud supporter.

... Basically I'm a fan.

I wanted to say thank you to the team of developers and the wonderful community here. You guys rock.

Also to other members - What's your linux journey? I'd love to hear some stories from others.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
JoeFootball
Level 13
Level 13

Re: Thanks to LM developers and Community!

Post by JoeFootball »

pasada wrote:I have been using Linux Mint for about 6 months now ...
Welcome! :)
pasada wrote:... I do take time to learn something new each day.
You're in luck, as you'll never run out of things to learn with Linux. I've been using it for more years than I care to count, and I end up learning something new pretty much daily.
pasada wrote:Also to other members - What's your linux journey? I'd love to hear some stories from others.
I'd used PCs since the DOS days, and learned a fair bit of Unix in college. I got into Linux in the 90s via a friend, where I started with Debian 2.1. I received a retail boxed version of Red Hat 6.1 as a gift in the late 90s, so moved to that side of the fence for a while. Ubuntu came around, and I ended up going there to see what the fuss was about.

Thereafter, I started playing with Mint 2.2, where some versions later, I found that Mint had become my main OS. I still play with other distros, but Mint works well enough for me.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”