Error with second monitor

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
FennFelis
Level 1
Level 1

Error with second monitor

Post by FennFelis »

Hello,
How to fix when applications/windows are missing on second monitor
I try to move in second monitor and looks like they are back (looks like z-index is -1) in wallpaper background

The cursor mouse appears but applications/windows is hidding

https://youtu.be/wPUPUJbiwaI
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
shedyed
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Error with second monitor

Post by shedyed »

Trying to view your image gets me an "Access denied" --no stress, you may want to post the image in a public site like imgur.bin

You can paste the URL here, so we can view it. I think it will stay there for like 30 days or so, but you can change the preset defaults
FennFelis
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Error with second monitor

Post by FennFelis »

shedyed wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:36 pm Trying to view your image gets me an "Access denied" --no stress, you may want to post the image in a public site like imgur.bin

You can paste the URL here, so we can view it. I think it will stay there for like 30 days or so, but you can change the preset defaults
Sorry. I upload in youtube now

If I install nvidia driver 470 the second monitor not appears in lspci
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation UHD Graphics 630 (Mobile)
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation TU117M [GeForce GTX 1650 Mobile / Max-Q] (rev a1)
nvidia-settings is blank and nvidia-smi says failed to communicate with nvidia driver

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”