Laptop and Screen Scaling

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Agentl074
Level 3
Level 3

Laptop and Screen Scaling

Post by Agentl074 »

So, apparently fractional scaling can be used, but it can make things blurry on higher resolution displays. What works well for me is to use font selection > font scaling combined with font size.

Now, on a larger monitor, the default settings are fine, but a smaller laptop screen can cause strain. Having this control is important!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Indiana University Alumnus, CompTIA A+
absque fenestris
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Laptop and Screen Scaling

Post by absque fenestris »

Are you using Mint 20.3 Cinnamon?
At least for me in this new version of Mint the fractional scaling works without any problems: crisp - absolutely equivalent in quality as with KDE Plasma or Windows 10.

Also tested with LibreOffice, which can mess with the icon display. With the Breeze icons, the quality is excellent. Of course, fractional scaling like 175% or 150% is a joke on my laptop, usually I use the setting > HiDPI 200% (1500 x 1000 pixels workspace) which is optimal for the built-in 13.9" monitor.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”