Linux Mint Mate 20.3 kernel rebuild.

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ALEXANDER9370
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint Mate 20.3 kernel rebuild.

Post by ALEXANDER9370 »

Hello, I praise your cool OS Linux Mint Mate 20.3, hard cool work, salute, tips from an experienced user, make it easier for yourself and the OS for lunch with tea, you can increase the speed of your OS to 2400 MB per second or more by simply unloading unnecessary packages from the OS, to the depository, through a colon.
Your OS now weighs 2.1 GB, ideally the OS weighs 600-800 MB, together with the "glass" (about 200 MB), from the Windows OS, (kernel 1 200 MB + core 2 200 MB + "glass" Windows 200 MB, well, the tail of internal services is 200 MB, total 800 MB, by eye, although everything can be packed into 400 MB by bulkheading the core from the digital tail, let the depository lie on the Internet, on your server, separated by a colon Disk "C", SYSTEM, 120 GB (1 SSD), you need to block it so people don't get confused, this disk #1 is only for your employees, not for household users, now it weighs 120 GB for many household users (1 SSD), this is normal. browser "Opera", it is more convenient.
The Update Manager must be turned off completely, it should only be on your OS table. The Synaptic Package Manager is also not needed, instead I use the Program Manager, which for me is equivalent to the Synaptic Package Manager. Bluetooth is an outdated program, almost no one uses it, everyone uses the Wi-Fi network. Instead of 10,000 Internet ports, you need to leave 3 ports for the Internet, for Wi-Fi, and for remote desktop, such as "Ammai Admin", TimViewer and Remminn. In general, due to the large volume of the OS, not only yours, people are very confused, it is necessary to simplify many functions of the OS, at least dividing it in half, the benefit will be double, 1 person worked, and 2 people will work. I switch the input language to "Left Shift + Left Alt", and I find it convenient. You also need to separate the Children's Internet from the Adult, otherwise a five-year-old child climbs into a laptop and buys expensive programs there, from 500,000 rubles for one, then parents think where to get the money to pay for the Internet products they don't need. That's all for now, write any questions, we will solve them slowly, Alexander.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Linux Mint Mate 20.3 kernel rebuild.

Post by Hoser Rob »

I hardly know where to start. You say you're an experienced user. But in what? Definitely not Linux.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken
ne0h

Post by ne0h »

I don't understand the meaning of this post!
Pjotr
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Pjotr »

ALEXANDER9370 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 8:10 pm the "glass"
The glass too many.... :lol:
Tip: 10 things to do after installing Linux Mint 21.3 Virginia
Keep your Linux Mint healthy: Avoid these 10 fatal mistakes
Twitter: twitter.com/easylinuxtips
All in all, horse sense simply makes sense.
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Post by deepakdeshp »

ne0h wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:00 am I don't understand the meaning of this post!
Ditto
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”