Mint 21 Release Date? (Soon right?)

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
peteste
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Mint 21 Release Date? (Soon right?)

Post by peteste »

Given all the beta-testing that's taken place with the new 'mintupgrade' tool recently that's what I'm going to do - right now I just don't have the energy to do a completely fresh install and then fiddle with things for a few days until it's the way I like it :cry:

The upgrade path is usually unveiled on the blog within a few days of the official release so I have my fingers crossed.
Linux Mint 20.3 Cinnamon
rossdv8
Level 7
Level 7
Location: Within 2,000 kilometres of Alice Springs, Australia

Re: Mint 21 Release Date? (Soon right?)

Post by rossdv8 »

peteste wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:55 am Given all the beta-testing that's taken place with the new 'mintupgrade' tool recently that's what I'm going to do - right now I just don't have the energy to do a completely fresh install and then fiddle with things for a few days until it's the way I like it :cry:

The upgrade path is usually unveiled on the blog within a few days of the official release so I have my fingers crossed.
I just finished upgrading to to Mint 21 using the Mint Upgrade Tool. Currently testing before I reinstall a few things that the upgrade ripped out (things like NoMachine and a few others) because since I've been using Xfce, I didn't find the Hamburger menu to find Preferences and choose the programs I wanted to keep. I had no idea what it looked like because I haven't used Cinnamon in years, nor the Mint Update Tool,

In the end though it seems I have no more stuff to reinstall than if I did a normal clean install . .

So far - So good, other than some typing lag I've noticed when I started typing this reply :D
Current main OS: MInt 21.3 with KDE Plasma 5.27 (using Compiz as WM) - Kernel: 6.5.0-15 on Lenovo m900 Tiny, i5-6400T (intel HD 530 graphics) 16GB RAM.
Sharks usually only attack you if you are wet

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”