What I REALLY appreciate about LM21.x Cinnamon

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
AZgl1800
Level 20
Level 20
Location: Oklahoma where the wind comes Sweeping down the Plains

Post by AZgl1800 »

I have had Cinnamon installed on all of the LM17.3, 18.3, 19.3, 20.3 releases.

In each, I have always been able to finally get my various Bluetooth devices to pair up and work, but not always so easy.... sometimes it was an ordeal to make it happen.

I did the Upgrade from LM20.3 Cinnamon to LM21 and let it do what it wanted to do.

The first thing I noticed was that the Bluetooth Manager Icon on the Panel is missing, and it is missing in the Menu also.

That worried me a bit, but I opened a YouTube video, and then powered up my favorite BT headset, a Vankyo C751

I was very surprised that no pop ups occurred, just a verbal message that it had connected, and sure enough, the Sound Manager now shows that is a fact.

Bravo to Clem and Team for putting a good polish on LM21 Cinnamon

BT headphones.jpg
BT headphones.jpg (11.73 KiB) Viewed 419 times
Last edited by LockBot on Thu Apr 06, 2023 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
LM21.3 Cinnamon ASUS FX705GM | Donate to Mint https://www.patreon.com/linux_mint
antikythera
Level 15
Level 15

Re: What I REALLY appreciate about LM21.x Cinnamon

Post by antikythera »

It was a long overdue switch of bluetooth manager really. The new one is so much more featured and always had been to be fair, the only reason it wasn't used before was because it was easier for them to just use GNOME bluetooth management which is no longer an option. So in a way, thank the GNOME developers for forcing Clem and the team to use the best option for linux bluetooth (I used it before with Fedora and Manjaro) :D
I’ll tell you a DNS joke but be advised, it could take up to 24 hours for everyone to get it.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”