<SOLVED> Forum running slow today? (12 Jan 2023)

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Lady Fitzgerald
Level 15
Level 15

Re: Forum running slow today?

Post by Lady Fitzgerald »

xenopeek wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:29 am And we're through it — the forever task is done… With that I mean the hours/days long slowness you may have experienced the past couple of weeks should be no more. Apologies to all for this taking so long and having such impact.

What is unchanged is that every day at a fixed time the forum is unresponsive for a couple of minutes when a scheduled heavy task runs. But that's only for a two to three minutes. Just to forestall "it's still slow!" comments later today when that happens :)

From here on out the forums should be back to their regular responsiveness. With exception that once a month for one hour the task needs to be run again. Users will experience the slowness again during that hour. I'm sorry but this is unavoidable. We'll try to run the task on the 1st of every month so it will at least be predictable.
Thanks for the update. Indeed, the forums have been back to their usual snappiest response since earlier this morning. All websites will bog down every once in a while so I don't become concerned unless it continues for a while.
Jeannie

To ensure the safety of your data, you have to be proactive, not reactive, so, back it up!
AZgl1800
Level 20
Level 20
Location: Oklahoma where the wind comes Sweeping down the Plains

Re: Forum running slow today?

Post by AZgl1800 »

hoot hoot!!!

0.5 seconds from click to Forum is up :D :D
LM21.3 Cinnamon ASUS FX705GM | Donate to Mint https://www.patreon.com/linux_mint

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”