fresh install

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Palladini
Level 4
Level 4

fresh install

Post by Palladini »

I just installed Linux Mint 21.1 on Laptop that hooks to our TV. I did a fresh install, not an upgrade. Right now it is doing all the updates it does when first installed. I did it this way because earlier today i got on the interwebs to look up how to upgrade from 20.3 to 21.1, I followed the directions of how to do it the Terminal, but where it got to part about it could not find any backups, I had removed the program to make backups, because I have never had issue with Linux mint. So I went to Software Manager and Timeshift and did a backup, but the Terminal could not find it. So I just did it the easy way. I downloaded Linux Mint 21.1 ISO, used Balena Etcher to burn it to USB Thumb Drive, then started the laptop, pressed Escape while it started up and choose to boot from the USB Device, launched Linux Mint, Installed Linux Mint. I so love Linux Mint
Last edited by LockBot on Mon Aug 07, 2023 10:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
[b]I love Linux Mint 21.1 Vanessa Cinnamon[/b]
Using Linux Mint since 2007, not programming smart, last program language I learned was called Basic on a Commodore 64

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”