Is there a donation address?

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Gramps
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a donation address?

Postby Gramps » Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:28 pm

Well! I did a little horse trading and work. Got myself a newer computer system for it. Have a bit left over and would like to donate some of it for your site. It's not much but may help. Is there an address I can send funds to? What monetary form can it be in (Money Order, check etc.)?

Regards,
Gramps

clem
Level 15
Level 15

Postby clem » Fri Dec 22, 2006 3:48 pm

Hi,

Thanks a lot for that. There's a link on http://www.linuxmint.com called "make a donation". It works through paypal so you can use any type of credit card.

Merry christmas to you Gramps and good luck with Linux. I'm glad you made the jump, it's a pity your Internet connection doesn't allow you to spend more time with us on the forums.

Clem

Gramps
Level 1
Level 1

Donation

Postby Gramps » Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:37 pm

OK! That makes it a bit difficult for me. I don't have a credit card; never had a use for one for the past 36 years. Either paid cash, traded, or bartered for what I needed here. Only time I've taken a loan was when I purchased additional acerage for the farm. This could be interesting.

Gramps

clem
Level 15
Level 15

Postby clem » Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:49 pm

Then save the money and spend it on the kids. It's Christmas after all.. you shouldn't be spending time thinking about computers and things like that :)

Don't worry about the donation. And if you really want to get involved there are a lot of other ways: http://linuxmint.com/get_involved.html

Just by using Linux Mint and being here on these forums you're already make a great contribution.

Merry Christmas to you Gramps.
Clem.

antiquexray
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Donation

Postby antiquexray » Sun Dec 24, 2006 9:08 am

Gramps wrote:OK! That makes it a bit difficult for me. I don't have a credit card; never had a use for one for the past 36 years. Either paid cash, traded, or bartered for what I needed here. Only time I've taken a loan was when I purchased additional acerage for the farm. This could be interesting.

Gramps

Hey Gramps, if you want to send me a check, I'll forward it via paypal.

Gramps
Level 1
Level 1

Donation

Postby Gramps » Mon Dec 25, 2006 10:25 pm

I'll find a way to send the donation. I offered it and I always keep my word. My younger son lives up in St. Louis, will see if he can assist me.
I have 5 grown children, 13 grandchildren, and 2 great grandchildren. Would be a bit difficult dividing it up amoungst them. Besides the work you are doing deserves support, my opinion anyway.

Gramps

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”