Linux Journal Survey, which distro do you use?

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dawgdoc

Linux Journal Survey, which distro do you use?

Post by dawgdoc »

Linux Journal started a survey on 2 March, 2010 which is still running. Head on over and vote. They are asking which distribution people use most frequently.

Currently Mint is at 6%
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
tower

Re: Linux Journal Survey, which distro do you use?

Post by tower »

So many for Arch?
I do not see the point of these polls other than to get lots of hits on the site!
tower

Post by tower »

I didn't mean to sound stuffy in the above post,
I understand that users like to cheer their own favourite distro.
I am just cynical as to the magazines motives - will the alter their coverage or featured coverdisks based on the information of a poll?

Their servers will be able to give them more reliable information on the OS used by visitors I think, or is it a test to see how many folks fib and pretend they are using a geek distro when they really use Ubuntu? :lol:
dawgdoc

Post by dawgdoc »

Tower,

I agree with you. I have used web site stats to study OSes and browsers, no survey needed. The need for the magazine drive traffic probably is foremost.

But then, I do like seeing Mint mentioned in the magazines and online reviews, so I do not mind responding. :D

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”