Linux Mint Case Badges - Ebay. DONATE!

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
olicanollie

Linux Mint Case Badges - Ebay. DONATE!

Post by olicanollie »

Hi

I've added 4 of the below case badges to eBay (links at bottom)
They are clear, domed stickers with a metallic and black background.They look absolutely amazing and are much better than I could have expected.

As can be seen in my product description, these badges are to be 'sold' to the highest bidder, who's payment will be donated directly to the Linux Mint project.
I am not a wealthy person, I do not have a great deal to give back for everything I have gotten out of using Linux Mint, however this seemed like a great way of giving my thanks.
I recently had these case badges made, naturally I have one myself, and have kept a few more - as I intend to use Linux Mint on all my future systems. The only way that this future of Linux Mint releasing can be guaranteed to me and to others is through continuous support.

The idea's pretty simple - You bid on the sticker, as much as you are willing to give, if you win, I send you the badge and donate all the proceeds to the Linux Mint project.
Postage is Free worldwide.

If you were gonna donate soon, make it still, but get an awesome looking case badge in return.

See the eBay listings for more info

I really hope this works out. It would be a real shame to go to such troubles only to find I could have done better to support the community and developers by directly donating the money I have spent. I hope that the possibility of winning one of these will push donations further than they may have gone otherwise, maybe bidding wars will occur, this way the maximum potential can be fed back into this great distribution.

Pics & Links

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0466019941
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0466020783
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0466021524
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0466022125

Thanks!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
cra1g321

Re: Linux Mint Case Badges - Ebay. DONATE!

Post by cra1g321 »

Really gr8 lukin badges and gr8 idea. Hope im a winning bidder :)
olicanollie

Post by olicanollie »

Thanks a lot. Good luck.
Lensman
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Lensman »

A great looking product! I don't/won't use Ebay, but if you ever decide to sell direct, I would take a couple off your hands @ $5.00CDN each. Just a thought.
Linux User #384582
Linux Mint 10 'Julia'
Carl
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Carl »

Lensman wrote:A great looking product! I don't/won't use Ebay, but if you ever decide to sell direct, I would take a couple off your hands @ $5.00CDN each. Just a thought.
I think the idea is to get people to compete for them so the donation is higher :D

although maybe a silent auction via PM would be good? might even drum up a bigger donation :wink:
olicanollie

Post by olicanollie »

The silent auction is a great idea.
The idea is to maximise the donation, you're right. I think I've shot myself in the foot, though; putting so many on at once and with no reserve. Without much interest they'll go very cheaply.

So to gauge it, would anyone be interested in a silent auction route instead of ebay? I suppose I could spare a couple more.
Lensman
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Lensman »

olicanollie wrote:The silent auction is a great idea.
The idea is to maximise the donation, you're right. I think I've shot myself in the foot, though; putting so many on at once and with no reserve. Without much interest they'll go very cheaply.

So to gauge it, would anyone be interested in a silent auction route instead of ebay? I suppose I could spare a couple more.
Sign me up. :)
Linux User #384582
Linux Mint 10 'Julia'
olicanollie

Post by olicanollie »

I'm waiting on the ebay auctions to end. Though I can't see them changing from their current state.
Shame really, only a very small amount is going to be raised. I may have to scrape some more money together just to make it worthwhile and donate as one lump sum. I hope the buyers choose to donate more themselves.

Anyway, I'll kick start a silent auction for a case badge in a seperate post when they've finished, otherwise those who are only in it for the badge will just go for the cheaper, ebay option. Which is missing the point..

I think a silent auction will also benefit by perhaps missing me out altogether as the middleman for the donation. I would just expect confirmation of the winning 'bidder's donation and to see them in the donations page. Then send out the badge..

Cheers for your interest Lensman.
AfterEight

Post by AfterEight »

Got my fingers crossed for one.
Look like they will do the business on my works windoez pc. 8)
Nice one olicanollie.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Post by remoulder »

For those who don't get one of these badges, a google search on "linuxmint case badges" should reveal a company selling them. There are also mint badge designs on gnome-look.org which you can use to get order custom badges.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
beefstu

Post by beefstu »

:shock: I won one! :D :mrgreen:
Blip

Post by Blip »

beefstu wrote::shock: I won one! :D :mrgreen:
Don't you just hate those "me too" posts but.............................ME TOO! :D
merlwiz79
Level 8
Level 8

Post by merlwiz79 »

exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

I could only find this one.
http://www.case-badges.com/linux-mint-l ... p-216.html
I have that one! :)
AfterEight

Post by AfterEight »

Cheers olicanollie,

Mines arrived in the post yesterday and looks real good.
If you have any left at the end of the month let me know and I will make a donation for one or two.

Cheers again.

AfterEight
beefstu

Post by beefstu »

Yeah mine came yesterday too, can confirm very nice quality!

Thanks alot olicanollie, glad it went of my top bid, would have felt guilty if id got it for the reserve!

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”