[SOLVED] xchat ban on mint 10

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Post Reply
docsleezy
Level 1
Level 1
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:48 pm

[SOLVED] xchat ban on mint 10

Post by docsleezy »

i just upgraded to julia and went to sign into xchat (#linuxmint-help ) and it says i have been banned. i was wondering if anyone else has had the same issue. i havent violated any of the rules Which i have read and agree with. is it something to do with charter and irc setup, because i haven't had to do so with helena or isadora. any idea who i should/ could contact to lift the ban if i have mistakenly been banned. any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.
-The Forever Pimpin' Doc Sleezy
Last edited by docsleezy on Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
hemimaniac
Level 5
Level 5
Posts: 501
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:26 pm
Location: London ON

Re: xchat ban on mint 10

Post by hemimaniac »

with some of the ongoing problems such as spam, rude behavior, language and general immaturity there have been as of late I believe some bans handed out, now your ip may have mistakenly been added to the list if it was a range ban, i can only hope that a moderator will get in touch with you soon to sort out the situation either way, sorry for any temporary inconvenience
"Linux allows for one thing above all else - 'A user can truly be themselves!'"
Image
User avatar
Aging Technogeek
Level 13
Level 13
Posts: 4578
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:54 am
Location: Right about here

Re: xchat ban on mint 10

Post by Aging Technogeek »

docsleezy,

I have posted your question in the IRC ops forum. Someone should be looking into it shortly
Registered Linux User 483387
User avatar
proxima_centauri
Level 11
Level 11
Posts: 3948
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:24 pm
Location: NB, Canada

Re: xchat ban on mint 10

Post by proxima_centauri »

The matter is being looked into. We will review what has happened and have an answer for you within the next couple of days or so.

-proxima_centauri
User avatar
hemimaniac
Level 5
Level 5
Posts: 501
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:26 pm
Location: London ON

Re: xchat ban on mint 10

Post by hemimaniac »

Aging Technogeek wrote:docsleezy,

I have posted your question in the IRC ops forum. Someone should be looking into it shortly

TY I actually never knew we had an irc ops forum yet

I bow to you mighty sith :)
"Linux allows for one thing above all else - 'A user can truly be themselves!'"
Image
User avatar
proxima_centauri
Level 11
Level 11
Posts: 3948
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:24 pm
Location: NB, Canada

Re: xchat ban on mint 10

Post by proxima_centauri »

docsleezy wrote:i just upgraded to julia and went to sign into xchat (#linuxmint-help ) and it says i have been banned. i was wondering if anyone else has had the same issue. i havent violated any of the rules Which i have read and agree with. is it something to do with charter and irc setup, because i haven't had to do so with helena or isadora. any idea who i should/ could contact to lift the ban if i have mistakenly been banned. any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.
-The Forever Pimpin' Doc Sleezy
According to records, Doc_Sleezy [~kyle@SpotChat-b5b5a335.ca.charter.com], was banned Saturday Nov. 20th, 2010.

We have the logs and it appears you have violated rules, specifically swearing and insulting other Linux Mint channel users. We are in the process of discussing the nature of events and you will be contacted when a decision has been made on the matter.

-proxima_centauri
User avatar
hemimaniac
Level 5
Level 5
Posts: 501
Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:26 pm
Location: London ON

Re: xchat ban on mint 10

Post by hemimaniac »

had no idea didnt recognize the host, thanx prox
"Linux allows for one thing above all else - 'A user can truly be themselves!'"
Image
docsleezy
Level 1
Level 1
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:48 pm

Re: xchat ban on mint 10

Post by docsleezy »

hmmm...looks like my brothers gonna have to find a new computer to use.....ill change my password i was @work most of saturday and he was pretty trashed when i got home so I aplolgize for his behavior. my fault though for leaving my computer unlocked and beer in the fridge with a 16 yr old in the house. how long do these bans typically last because just watching the help forum is how i have learned to use linux and know everyone has to start somewhere. im a strong supporter of mint and try to help out when i can. i burn a copy for somebody just about every 2 weeks and recomened that people not be afraid to ask their questions @#linuxmint-help and wouldn't abuse a service that has served me so well in the past. Like i said ill change my password i just hope youll reconsider the ban and allow me to continue to learn and help out where i can. thank you for looking into this matter for me
-The Forever Pimpin' Doc Sleezy
User avatar
proxima_centauri
Level 11
Level 11
Posts: 3948
Joined: Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:24 pm
Location: NB, Canada

Re: xchat ban on mint 10

Post by proxima_centauri »

docsleezy wrote:hmmm...looks like my brothers gonna have to find a new computer to use.....ill change my password i was @work most of saturday and he was pretty trashed when i got home so I aplolgize for his behavior. my fault though for leaving my computer unlocked and beer in the fridge with a 16 yr old in the house. how long do these bans typically last because just watching the help forum is how i have learned to use linux and know everyone has to start somewhere. im a strong supporter of mint and try to help out when i can. i burn a copy for somebody just about every 2 weeks and recomened that people not be afraid to ask their questions @#linuxmint-help and wouldn't abuse a service that has served me so well in the past. Like i said ill change my password i just hope youll reconsider the ban and allow me to continue to learn and help out where i can. thank you for looking into this matter for me
-The Forever Pimpin' Doc Sleezy
The circumstances surrounding the incident will be factored in. Thank you for the clarification.
deadguy
Level 5
Level 5
Posts: 707
Joined: Wed Aug 15, 2007 9:41 pm
Location: Illinois USA

Re: xchat ban on mint 10

Post by deadguy »

docsleezy wrote:hmmm...looks like my brothers gonna have to find a new computer to use.....ill change my password i was @work most of saturday and he was pretty trashed when i got home so I aplolgize for his behavior. my fault though for leaving my computer unlocked and beer in the fridge with a 16 yr old in the house. how long do these bans typically last because just watching the help forum is how i have learned to use linux and know everyone has to start somewhere. im a strong supporter of mint and try to help out when i can. i burn a copy for somebody just about every 2 weeks and recomened that people not be afraid to ask their questions @#linuxmint-help and wouldn't abuse a service that has served me so well in the past. Like i said ill change my password i just hope youll reconsider the ban and allow me to continue to learn and help out where i can. thank you for looking into this matter for me
-The Forever Pimpin' Doc Sleezy
Doc_Sleezy,


I banned you upon returning and reading my logs of user name "kyle" being abusive to other users and swearing in #linuxmint-help.
also user "kyle" was off line by the time of my return so I was unable to speak to him myself. in light of what you say here,
I will lift the ban with the stipulation being any further trolling will result in a permanent ban.


Deadguy
docsleezy
Level 1
Level 1
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:48 pm

Re: xchat ban on mint 10

Post by docsleezy »

thank you, very much appreciated. password changed. I'm sure this situation will not occur again
-The Forever Pimpin Doc Sleezy
Post Reply

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”