Long Time Ubuntu User Fed Up and Switching to Mint

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Husse

Post by Husse »

Welcome to Mint shanesemler
Yeah - Gutsy seems to behave badly - we are developing Daryna right now - don't know how much of the probs we'll inherit
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

We should see a BETA of Daryna this week. Apart from ipv6 and mintWifi, networking should be identical between Mint and Ubuntu.

Clem
PS: I find Gutsy really good... as a base anyway, it's a real pleasure to work with. The development on Daryna is going very smoothly.
Husse

Post by Husse »

Clem wrote
Apart from ipv6 and mintWifi, networking should be identical between Mint and Ubuntu.
Note the apart from - ipv6 will be handled differently - haven't checked but I think we will still blacklist it
Noob Saibot
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Noob Saibot »

shanesemler wrote:You're using Gutsy as your base for the next version of Mint and have no plans to fix the networking issues. I'm a bit worried now. I hope I don't have to go searching for another distro, again. I'll cross my fingers and hope I won't have to.
Me too. I first tired linux, a year ago and couldnt make the switch, early this year Mandriva almost had me make it, but I just couldn't. Along came Cassandra into my life and I dumped Windows and had never been happier. With Celena, I notice that although it is "snappier" I have more little problems that were not there before and when looking into them, it seems no to be mints fault but a bug inherited by ubuntu.
Enjoying the Mint Experience
"(to touch the earth is to have harmony with nature)" -hippy
linuxviolin
Level 8
Level 8

Post by linuxviolin »

Husse wrote:ipv6 will be handled differently - haven't checked but I think we will still blacklist it
YES! Very good! :twisted:

Take on the web:

"Is it anyone REALLY using IPv6?"
"Practically, nobody."

"almost NOBODY is using IPv6. Therefore, why shipping Firefox with support for IPv6 by default, knowing that this poses speed issues to a good deal of people?"

"Do you need IPv6 on your Linux/BSD everyday box? You don't. On the contrary, many people are desperately trying to disable IPv6 on their systems!"

"Do you need IPv6 in your Firefox? What for?! The best thing to do is to about:config, then filter by ipv6, and change network.dns.disableIPv6 to true."
K.I.S.S. ===> "Keep It Simple, Stupid"
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." (Leonardo da Vinci)
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Albert Einstein)

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”