More Eyecandy (Compiz Cube) in Katya than Natty

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dawgdoc

More Eyecandy (Compiz Cube) in Katya than Natty

Post by dawgdoc »

I'm glad Clem made the decision not to include Unity in LinuxMint 11, Katya. Today a read a clip on Webupd8 stating that the Cube will not be available to use with Unity in Ubuntu 11.04. http://www.webupd8.org/2011/03/no-more- ... in-in.html
a bug about this has been submitted but it was marked as "opinion" so it doesn't look like it's going to be fixed, at least not in Ubuntu 11.04:
  • If you try to load the Desktop cube plugin, it asks you if you want to disable the Desktop wall plugin. If you say yes, it wants to disable the Unity plugin (which I'm guessing is a bad idea on a Unity desktop).
It the same article it mentioned that you can not use Compiz with Gnome Shell. Another reason I am glad Clem decided to not make that a default part of the Katya version. It's good that you can get Gnome 3 without GS.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Re: More Eyecandy (Compiz Cube) in Katya than Natty

Post by tdockery97 »

Agreed. I might be able to live with Gnome 3 if it is configured to emulate Gnome 2.*
Mint Cinnamon 20.1
dawgdoc

Re: More Eyecandy (Compiz Cube) in Katya than Natty

Post by dawgdoc »

My thoughts exactly. (I hope it's not that I am afraid of change.)

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”