Linux Mint 11-rc no surprises

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
ajt007
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint 11-rc no surprises

Post by ajt007 »

I have never been a fan of surprises. You have the risk of them not being good ones and that is just one of the reasons I use Linux Mint. Mint 11-rc follows a long list of Mint releases that have been solid, easy for a new Linux user and best of all is the availability of any program or functionality a user could want or need. I have not experienced any negative surprises in any new Linux Mint Release. Having used my supply of blank DVDs, I downloaded the 64-bit CD with no codecs. No problem as everything I need was just a click away. After the quick install I was greeted with a beautiful new and very responsive desktop. I upgraded to the DVD edition by using the "Upgrade to the DVD Edition" tool located in the Control Center. I read the release 11-rc notes but, sill have not had a problem. Many people have said “Linux Mint does Ubuntu better than Ubuntu” and that remains true. I have LMDE Gnome in another desktop. For the average user attempting to find the correct video driver and installing it may not be worth the effort. Without the right driver things just don’t work correctly. I enjoy using Linux Mint and I am very thankful for all the hard work that goes into each release.
This is a grate release. Thanks Clem and all others involved. :D
Acer Aspire Desktop PC - AMD Athlon X2 Dual Core 5500+ 2.8GHz, 4GB RAM, 350 HDD, DVDRW
tdockery97
Level 14
Level 14

Re: Linux Mint 11-rc no surprises

Post by tdockery97 »

I can't add anything to that, ajt007. My sentiments exactly. :D
Mint Cinnamon 20

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”