Mint 11 rc

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
Total AI
Level 1
Level 1

Mint 11 rc

Post by Total AI »

My daughter installed the Linux Mint 11 rc on her computer,she is very happy with it,it found all the drivers,restricted drivers for the nvidia G force graphics,also the new drivers for the printer/scanner,(HP).everything works,we are both waiting for the stable version,which we'll put on both our machines and I will also put on clients machines,Oh,I don't charge for that installation. Thanks,Mint team
Isthmus
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Mint 11 rc

Post by Isthmus »

Tested the RC and I'm very pleased with it. I really like the floating scroll bars from Ubuntu, especially since I rarely use them, so the extra screen space is very nice. I also love the updated software manager (very polished). Is it me or is the LM11 also a bit faster than LM10? I swear it feels more responsive.
proxima_centauri
Level 11
Level 11

Post by proxima_centauri »

* Moved to Chat about Linux Mint subforum

I'm glad it's working well for you.
richnbernie
Level 2
Level 2

Post by richnbernie »

I did the download of 11rc and burned a CD with good md5sum. The install would stop part way in. Tried about five times with no joy. The PC is running 7 and I have tried 10 on the same PC. I will wait for the final version. No hurry. 7 is running just fine but might like 11 for my girlfriends PC.
rich
FACEBOOK, the privacy thief.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”