Mint 11 Gnome install

Chat about anything related to Linux Mint
richnbernie
Level 2
Level 2

Mint 11 Gnome install

Post by richnbernie »

Did all the updates.
Did the install but have issues. I have a PCI card to convert USB 1.1 to USB 2.0. My wireless keyboard USB device is plugged into the PCI card but Mint does not see it at Boot time and cannot go any further. Plug the device into the PC USB port and the keyboard works now at Boot time. Problem solved for that issue.

Mint 11 does not see any of my Flash Drives. I opened a Terminal and did a lsusb and the devices are there. Mint just does not see them on the desktop or file manager.

The old issue of needing to login after not using the PC for little while. The last I knew, I have to reinstall the OS and select auto login which I consider dangerous. I do not do that with Mint 7. Looks like that issue will not go away so I will probably stick with Mint 7. I consider my PC better protected if someone tried to boot it with me not around. With auto login they could get right into my files after the PC boots.

rich
FACEBOOK, the privacy thief.
richnbernie
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Mint 11 Gnome install

Post by richnbernie »

With the Flash Drive issue, I have a 32mb and a 1gb Flash Drive. I left the 32mb in the USB hub and rebooted the PC. The Boot would freeze with the Mint 11 screen or a black screen until I pulled the Flash Drive device out of the USB hub. The PC would continue booting. This PC has been working fine with Mint 7. No issues like this.

Libre Office seems to be ok.

I used a 32mb Media from an old camera and a media reader plugged into the USB port to transfer the FF Bookmark HTML file.

rich
FACEBOOK, the privacy thief.

Return to “Chat about Linux Mint”