Missing Mint 9 Fluxbox

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
yerc

Missing Mint 9 Fluxbox

Post by yerc »

Mint 9 Fluxbox was perfect for my netbook.
I was really sad to let it go after the Mint team decided to not do an official Fluxbox edition anymore.
Many users argue one could install any wm of their choice, but I just don't have the time to create a work of art that the Mint team does.
So i have since moved over to Mint XFCE.

While on Distrowatch very recently, I thought I would search for distros that are focused on Fluxbox or Openbox.
And that's how I found Semplice http://semplice-linux.org/discover.
It's nimble and gorgeous.
Currently based on Debian Sid only, a Semplice based on Debian Stable is planned for release in the latter half of 2015.

So now my netbook dual-boots between Mint XFCE and Semplice.

Just thought I would share my discovery here for netbook users like me. :D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Re: Missing Mint 9 Fluxbox

Post by exploder »

I really liked the fluxbox edition too. Unfortunately the team member that maintained it was not able to continue developing it. Semplice looks like a great alternative! Semplice with the Debian Jesse base would be an awesome combination on a netbook! Nice find! :D
Flemur
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Flemur »

So i have since moved over to Mint XFCE.

It's pretty easy to install fluxbox and make it the default desktop; and optionally copy over your previous ~/.fluxbox directory.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] if/when it is solved!
Your data and OS are backed up....right?
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Post by exploder »

It's pretty easy to install fluxbox and make it the default desktop; and optionally copy over your previous ~/.fluxbox directory.
You make a good point! Fluxbox does not pull in any duplicated functionality, so it would be pretty easy to do.

Return to “Chat about Linux”