is the linux desktop environment still going the direction?

Chat about Linux in general
deleted

Re: is the linux desktop environment still going the directi

Post by deleted »

Looks like the screenshot is from Deepin.
-H

User avatar
MintBean
Level 9
Level 9
Posts: 2967
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:54 am
Location: Blighty

Re: is the linux desktop environment still going the directi

Post by MintBean »

xenopeek wrote:
MintBean wrote:There are a lot of words but no content in MrGoogle's posts.
That's not fair. mrgoogle shared his vision for how the file manager, task switcher, and desktop could look and behave: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 4#p1117360

Let's stay away from name calling.
Well, to be fair, I can't make head nor tail of that. He started out by calling another user ignorant, so I can't see this thread going anywhere good really.

mrgoogle
Level 2
Level 2
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:56 am

Re: is the linux desktop environment still going the directi

Post by mrgoogle »

Fred Barclay wrote:
mrgoogle wrote: i think i would ask you first to read the previous post so you'll know
Still not answering the questions, I see. :mrgreen: I just reread the entire thread, and beside from your saying XYZ does not work for "most people" due to "lazy programmers" you haven't provided any real info.

I'm sorry to say this, but it sounds as if you don't like any of the Mint DEs (or UIs as you call them) and so you want the entire Mint team to work around your personal preference. Not a very constructive position, IMHO.

And I agree with the others: you could be a little less rude. ;) No need to question the intelligence of the members here simply because we don't agree with you. Dividing your posts into separate paragraphs would help too.
i do like kde plasma and more importantly none of us here have the right to criticize the developers of linux-mint because we are already getting more than what we pay/donate for this ditro. We can't just ask them to do some great things without paying for it.
Last edited by mrgoogle on Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

mrgoogle
Level 2
Level 2
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:56 am

Re: is the linux desktop environment still going the directi

Post by mrgoogle »

daveinuk wrote:

If your argument was clear, and to the point, and structured so as to make it readable, I'd pay attention.

As I see it this is just another rattle out of the pram post with no substance 'cos there's 'something', undetermined, you don't like, so make your own?
I'm more than happy with MInt's direction in all it's DE's, so much so that I've donated several times, there's something for everybody there, well, nearly.
So you see, the argument is pointless, as ' the right direction ' is subject to individual taste, and to me, it tastes great.
its indeed subjective, but still there should be a "CLEAR" direction on where this is really going and you yourself don't know that
Last edited by mrgoogle on Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.

mrgoogle
Level 2
Level 2
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:56 am

Re: is the linux desktop environment still going the directi

Post by mrgoogle »

xenopeek wrote:
MintBean wrote:There are a lot of words but no content in MrGoogle's posts.
That's not fair. mrgoogle shared his vision for how the file manager, task switcher, and desktop could look and behave: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 4#p1117360

Let's stay away from name calling.
at least your pretty rational, i admit im not as patient as you. Actually a small software company already approve this idea (NItrux) i was thinking of changing the name of "home" to "my files" and "my files" to "treasure chest" and treasure chest is password protected. And that's a windows explorer not a file manager. i prefer windows explorer and file-manager to be merge as one
Last edited by mrgoogle on Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

mrgoogle
Level 2
Level 2
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:56 am

Re: is the linux desktop environment still going the directi

Post by mrgoogle »

M0em wrote:Mr. Google, you seem to like asking questions, but you're not too fond of answering them, are you? That's funny, most people expect answers from Google, not questions. :wink:
if you take your time to understand my post then you'd realize the answer was already there

mrgoogle
Level 2
Level 2
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:56 am

Re: is the linux desktop environment still going the directi

Post by mrgoogle »

MintBean wrote:
xenopeek wrote:
MintBean wrote:There are a lot of words but no content in MrGoogle's posts.
That's not fair. mrgoogle shared his vision for how the file manager, task switcher, and desktop could look and behave: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 4#p1117360

Let's stay away from name calling.
Well, to be fair, I can't make head nor tail of that. He started out by calling another user ignorant, so I can't see this thread going anywhere good really.
oh come on bro, don't give up on doing this peacefully, communication is always the start of understanding
Last edited by mrgoogle on Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

mrgoogle
Level 2
Level 2
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:56 am

Re: is the linux desktop environment still going the directi

Post by mrgoogle »

Fred Barclay wrote: ? How do you know they're not being met? Surveys? Research? Or just personal preference? ;)
I personally find all four of Mint's desktops (even Xfce and KDE, which to be honest I don't like their default config in Mint) to be far superior to any Windows in appearance.

BTW: what industry are you referring to?

chromebooks and osx, these two systems doesn't imitate that windows' UI and in fact their difference in the interface is a lot bigger than u think, but their adoption rate is still pretty higher than our linux-mint, can you please explain this? don't take this the wrong way but yoU WON'T be able to understand my answer to that question without knowing and understanding the answer to this one
Last edited by mrgoogle on Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.

mrgoogle
Level 2
Level 2
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:56 am

Re: is the linux desktop environment still going the directi

Post by mrgoogle »

hinto wrote:Looks like the screenshot is from Deepin.
-H
check the rest of the images

deleted

Re: is the linux desktop environment still going the directi

Post by deleted »

Not bothering too.
I'm unsubscribing b/c I'm losing interest.
Good luck in your endeavours.
-H

mrgoogle
Level 2
Level 2
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:56 am

Re: is the linux desktop environment still going the directi

Post by mrgoogle »

hinto wrote:Not bothering too.
I'm unsubscribing b/c I'm losing interest.
Good luck in your endeavours.
-H
no problem, have a good day

mrgoogle
Level 2
Level 2
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:56 am

Re: is the linux desktop environment still going the directi

Post by mrgoogle »

how to debate for dummies:
1. Share ideas and be Friendly
2. Analyze the arguments and psychologize the opponent debater and never resort to intimidation
3. Always think Positively :lol: :lol: :lol:
4. Be Smart

BigEasy
Level 6
Level 6
Posts: 1263
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:17 am
Location: Chrząszczyżewoszyce, powiat Łękołody

Re: is the linux desktop environment still going the directi

Post by BigEasy »

mrgoogle wrote:chromebooks and osx, these two systems doesn't imitate that windows' UI and in fact their difference in the interface is a lot bigger than u think, but their adoption rate is still pretty higher than our linux-mint
Pretty higher? This is what you believe, but not true in fact.
Last edited by BigEasy on Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Windows assumes I'm stupid but Linux demands proof of it

mrgoogle
Level 2
Level 2
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:56 am

Re: is the linux desktop environment still going the directi

Post by mrgoogle »

BigEasy wrote:
mrgoogle wrote:chromebooks and osx, these two systems doesn't imitate that windows' UI and in fact their difference in the interface is a lot bigger than u think, but their adoption rate is still pretty higher than our linux-mint
Pretty higher? This is what you believe, but not true in fact.
you u do realize that the right way to answer this kind of questions intelligently without being called ignorant; is to answer it in a form of thesis with some graphs and statistics of the market-share for the year 2015 up to 2016

BigEasy
Level 6
Level 6
Posts: 1263
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:17 am
Location: Chrząszczyżewoszyce, powiat Łękołody

Re: is the linux desktop environment still going the directi

Post by BigEasy »

Do you want to know what is Linux Mint?
Linux Mint is a free Linux-based operating system designed for use on desktop computers.
http://www.linuxmint.com/faq.php
So, not note..,net..,chrome.., etc books, not tabled. Desktop! That is screen, keyboard, mouse. There is definition of desktop computer:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desktop_computer
Windows assumes I'm stupid but Linux demands proof of it

BigEasy
Level 6
Level 6
Posts: 1263
Joined: Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:17 am
Location: Chrząszczyżewoszyce, powiat Łękołody

Re: is the linux desktop environment still going the directi

Post by BigEasy »

mrgoogle wrote:
BigEasy wrote:
mrgoogle wrote:chromebooks and osx, these two systems doesn't imitate that windows' UI and in fact their difference in the interface is a lot bigger than u think, but their adoption rate is still pretty higher than our linux-mint
Pretty higher? This is what you believe, but not true in fact.
you u do realize that the right way to answer this kind of questions intelligently without being called ignorant; is to answer it in a form of thesis with some graphs and statistics of the market-share for the year 2015 up to 2016
1.Do you know difference between two words: "adoption to UI" and "market-share"?
2. If you first make statement then support this with graphs and statistics. Also first.
Windows assumes I'm stupid but Linux demands proof of it

mrgoogle
Level 2
Level 2
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:56 am

Re: is the linux desktop environment still going the directi

Post by mrgoogle »

BigEasy wrote:Do you want to know what is Linux Mint?
Linux Mint is a free Linux-based operating system designed for use on desktop computers.
http://www.linuxmint.com/faq.php
So, not note..,net..,chrome.., etc books, not tabled. Desktop! That is screen, keyboard, mouse. There is definition of desktop computer:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desktop_computer
whats funny about this is that, i already said/mention this on my previous post
Last edited by mrgoogle on Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

mrgoogle
Level 2
Level 2
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:56 am

Re: is the linux desktop environment still going the directi

Post by mrgoogle »

BigEasy wrote: 1.Do you know difference between two words: "adoption to UI" and "market-share"?
2. If you first make statement then support this with graphs and statistics. Also first.
This is not a "thesis" and i will no longer reply to you until you came up with your own thesis, and don't forget about "adoption rate" , that is so important as well

User avatar
xenopeek
Level 24
Level 24
Posts: 24274
Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:58 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: is the linux desktop environment still going the directi

Post by xenopeek »

This isn't going anywhere but in circles :? mrgoogle, what do you want from this topic because as you can see the others here are lost what the goal or desired outcome is.
Image

mrgoogle
Level 2
Level 2
Posts: 63
Joined: Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:56 am

Re: is the linux desktop environment still going the directi

Post by mrgoogle »

xenopeek wrote:This isn't going anywhere but in circles :? mrgoogle, what do you want from this topic because as you can see the others here are lost what the goal or desired outcome is.
this has a direction but they just keep asking questions that's completely off the topic and im just being generous enough to answer it instead of ignoring it. Look if we carefully look at their arguments its obvious that majority of them don't even know what they are talking about and ignoring these dump questions will not enlighten them, you seem to be the ONLY one that's giving me a justifiable comebacks, if your an admin aren't you suppose to be helping me in educating them ? At least you clearly check on one of the factors thats affecting the market industry such as the demographics and i respect people with these kind of comebacks

Locked

Return to “Chat about Linux”