Linux is dead? Seems pretty alive to me.

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
BG405
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Linux is dead? Seems pretty alive to me.

Post by BG405 »

Arch_Enemy wrote: Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:55 pm And that was Win 7!
Win7 IMHO was the best of MS operating systems. But I'd forgotten just how slllloooooww it is, until I put in the hard disk with the Win7 system I'd installed to test the hardware, just before jumping into Linux with both feet. I'd already gotten used to the speed of Linux systems & it was a really painful experience, so I just deleted it & re-purposed the hard drive. It has had LM17.3 KDE 32-bit on it for about 2½ years now, several major borkages fixed which would have been impossible with Win OS.

In comparison with ANY recent Windows OS, on the same hardware, Mint 17.3 KDE flies, and Manjaro KDE is approaching orbital velocity, with a small memory footprint as an added bonus. Pretty much instant response, on an ancient (by today's standards) netbook sporting an impressive Atom N570 & massive 2GB RAM*. :mrgreen: Beat that, Microsoft. Promises, eh. Fast, useable, versatile machines .. meh :roll:

*Hobbled on MS's instructions. Hardware can technically support 4GB.
Dell Inspiron 1525 - LM17.3 CE 64-------------------Lenovo T440 - Manjaro KDE with Mint VMs
Toshiba NB250 - Manjaro KDE------------------------Acer Aspire One D255E - LM21.3 Xfce
Acer Aspire E11 ES1-111M - LM18.2 KDE 64 ----Two ROMS don't make a WRITE
Alpha_sh

Post by Alpha_sh »

steam hardware survey said 0.5 percent, and that may sound small, but out of the 125 million accounts, thats over 600,000 users gaming on linux.
MurphCID
Level 15
Level 15

Post by MurphCID »

Alpha_sh wrote: Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:30 pm steam hardware survey said 0.5 percent, and that may sound small, but out of the 125 million accounts, thats over 600,000 users gaming on linux.
That is a reasonable amount, and I plan on making it 600,001 soon. I would like it better if we had 25 million accounts....

Return to “Chat about Linux”