linux mint alternative?

Chat about Linux in general
ogamoz

linux mint alternative?

Post by ogamoz »

hi all. does anyone know other linux os whitout so many bugs? i like mint and i use it for two years but honestly i'm sick of "new shity version" policy. they always come out with new versions but all of them full of bugs which are never fixed. so for personal reasons i'd like to avoid ubuntu, elementary os looks good but is same shit. basically i don't need a fancy desktop. i just need a clean, fast, bugless os.
- i din't mention any bug which i encountered and i complain about, because i don't want anymore to fix bugs. i want to change os.

- so which version of linux does have less bugs? thank you.

Pjotr
Level 21
Level 21

Re: linux mint alternative?

Post by Pjotr »

ogamoz wrote:hi all. does anyone know other linux os whitout so many bugs? i like mint and i use it for two years but honestly i'm sick of "new unicorns version" policy. they always come out with new versions but all of them full of bugs which are never fixed. so for personal reasons i'd like to avoid ubuntu, elementary os looks good but is same unicorns. basically i don't need a fancy desktop. i just need a clean, fast, bugless os.
- i din't mention any bug which i encountered and i complain about, because i don't want anymore to fix bugs. i want to change os.

- so which version of linux does have less bugs? thank you.
That's just.... unicorns. :lol:

Tip: 10 things to do after installing Linux Mint 19.3 Tricia
Keep your Linux Mint healthy: Avoid these 10 fatal mistakes
Twitter: twitter.com/easylinuxtips
All in all, horse sense simply makes sense.

MintBean
Level 9
Level 9

Post by MintBean »

I see by all your posts here you've encountered endless problems fixing bugs, but no need for the am drams. You could just say, 'does anyone know of a stable distro similar to Mint.'

Try MX16 if you can live with a Debian rather than Ubuntu base. (yes I know)
Linky

Pjotr
Level 21
Level 21

Post by Pjotr »

MintBean wrote:Try MX16 if you can live with a Debian rather than Ubuntu base. (yes I know)
Linky
It will be interesting to see what happens if the OP posts a similar message on the Debian forums. :mrgreen:

On topic: there are no bug-free operating systems. Such an OS is as rare and non-existent as a.... unicorn.
Tip: 10 things to do after installing Linux Mint 19.3 Tricia
Keep your Linux Mint healthy: Avoid these 10 fatal mistakes
Twitter: twitter.com/easylinuxtips
All in all, horse sense simply makes sense.

Habitual
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Habitual »

Pjotr wrote:Image
That's just uni-corny. :mrgreen:

daveinuk
Level 7
Level 7

Post by daveinuk »

Maybe windows is for you, if you're not prepared to say what these 'bugs' are or attempt to fix them,or to learn, then maybe using Linux is not ideal for you.
You could spend a lot of time testing out distro's to see if they suit your hardware, there is no shortage, debian may have to be your choice though if you want to get away from ubuntu, that or windows as mentioned.

jimallyn
Level 18
Level 18

Post by jimallyn »

ogamoz wrote:does anyone know other linux os whitout so many bugs?
And in the two years you have been using Mint it never occurred to you to ask questions on the forums? You never ask for solutions to any of the problems you have, then you come here and say Mint is full of bugs on your first post? If you have problems, the correct thing to do is ask on the forums. You might try that, but you're certainly welcome to run off to some other distro (or some other operating system) if you'd like to deal with their problems instead of Mint problems for a while.

“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan

Citizen229
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Citizen229 »

Every Os has bugs. All software has bugs. Which mint are you using? Im still using 17.3 for its stability. I will switch to 18.X when it hits 18.3. If you are staying current with the 18 series you are trying to stay bleeding edge and for that reason will encounter bugs. Just like Windows and just like rolling distros like arch based ones.

I have been using 17.3 bug free for over a year now. Everything has and does work fine. The only time it breaks is when i want it too.

The only bug free OS is Closet OS. It has been around since PC's began. You install it by packing your PC in boxes and place it in the closet.
Folding@home Project
Team Linux Mint-76140
PM for info on how you can help. Or visit viewtopic.php?f=58&t=243792
Seeking GPU's, i5/7/9's , Ryzens.

kc1di
Level 15
Level 15

Post by kc1di »

I have to say you won't find the OS you looking for -- mint is about a bug free as any of the Distros I reguarly use.
Debian would most likely suit you as it's very stable for the most part as long as you can put up with older software and kernels.
But their forums are no way near as helpful as Mints.

Good Luck in your search , one nice thing about Linux there is always another distro you can try.
Slackware is also very stable.
Easy tips : https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/ Pjotr's Great Linux projects page.
Linux Mint Installation Guide: http://linuxmint-installation-guide.rea ... en/latest/
Registered Linux User #462608

mike acker
Level 6
Level 6

Post by mike acker »

a Chromebook, perhaps ?
Last edited by mike acker on Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
¡Viva la Resistencia!

altair4
Level 19
Level 19

Post by altair4 »

so which version of linux does have less bugs? thank you.
CentOS XFCE

You're Welcome.

For more: http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/leno ... -xfce.html
Please add a [SOLVED] at the end of your original subject header if your question has been answered and solved.

jimallyn
Level 18
Level 18

Post by jimallyn »

ogamoz, if you decide that you'd like to try to solve some of the problems you have seen instead of moving on to another OS, ask questions in the appropriate forums section; I'm sure people will be happy to help you.

“If the government were coming for your TVs and cars, then you'd be upset. But, as it is, they're only coming for your sons.” - Daniel Berrigan

Cosmo.
Level 23
Level 23

Post by Cosmo. »

ogamoz wrote:does anyone know other linux os whitout so many bugs?
That is an impossible question. Which "so many bugs"? In which version and edition of Mint?
As long as you do not define that, no one will ever be able to only imagine, what you are talking about.
ogamoz wrote:i'm sick of "new unicorns version" policy.
Never heard of this policy.
ogamoz wrote:they always come out with new versions but all of them full of bugs which are never fixed.
This sounds, as if you would have upgraded to every version that had been released in those 2 years. Nobody forces you to do that, in the announcements you find the word to upgrade for a reason. Which is yours?

You want a 100 % bug-free os? Than forget it. 100 % alcohol-free beer does possibly exist, a 100 % bug-free OS does not. As your question demonstrates, not even 100 % bug-free questions (with details, details, details) are guaranteed. Out of obvious reasons no answer is possible at all.

NoWinBob
Level 1
Level 1

Post by NoWinBob »

If you are a former Windows user like me,just remind yourself why you switched in the first place.I am presently using Ubuntu on one machine and Mint on another,and find both to be more stable than windows.There is a learning curve,and you need to do a little research to find out which version of Linux works best for you.Using the most recent LTS distro has worked very well for me.Hang in there.

austin.texas
Level 20
Level 20

Post by austin.texas »

kc1di wrote:Slackware is also very stable.
I am sure Slackware is what ogamoz should try.
Mint 18.2 Cinnamon, Quad core AMD A8-3870 with Radeon HD Graphics 6550D, 8GB DDR3, Ralink RT2561/RT61 802.11g PCI
Linux Linx 2018

kc1di
Level 15
Level 15

Post by kc1di »

austin.texas wrote:
kc1di wrote:Slackware is also very stable.
I am sure Slackware is what ogamoz should try.
yup Think your right -- ;)

Think he's a troll ?
Easy tips : https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/ Pjotr's Great Linux projects page.
Linux Mint Installation Guide: http://linuxmint-installation-guide.rea ... en/latest/
Registered Linux User #462608

all41
Level 15
Level 15

Post by all41 »

The pebkac bug is universal

samriggs
Level 6
Level 6

Post by samriggs »

1 post, no questions ever, no explanation ever, just it is full of bugs and some so called unicorn policy.

Yup that helps resolves issues you might be having.

Have you tired Arch?
:lol: joking. don't if you can't run mint smoothly or fix whatever it is you having issues with you'll never run Arch.
i din't mention any bug which i encountered and i complain about, because i don't want anymore to fix bugs. i want to change os.
So you don't want to do anything.
Grab a unicorn horn wave it in the air, spin around 3 times and say abracadabra, press the start button click your heels 3 times close your eyes and maybe it'll be perfect.

Or better yet write a 5,000 line code from scratch, run it and see if it has any bugs (your choice of programming languages (except html)) and see if there is no bugs and maybe you'll start to understand how things work.

There is no such thing, the only thing is to try to get as close as possible but there will always be bugs in code, especially with software and systems upgrading constantly to newer ways of doing things, technology rarely ever stays stagnant.

But good luck in search of the impossible it will be an interesting journey

Maybe slackware or better yet try asking questions for those bugs and you have a forum here that will try there best to walk you through them to get them fixed, which won't always happen on some forums.
"Windows: the worst system for the most money, Linux: the best system for free"
Registered Linux User #545430
Manjaro XFCE / Mint Cinnamon
asus X751LX and an acer and a toshiba and another asus

Amii_Leigh
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Amii_Leigh »

Honestly, all of you could have just given him what he wanted. He asked for a bug-free Operating System. He didn't want Linux Mint or Ubuntu, so he really wanted this snazzy gadget. It will even work during a power failure, and it doesn't need the internet!
नमस्ते = Namaste
I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells.
I honor the place in you in which is of love, of truth, of light, and of peace.
When you are in that place in you, and I am in that place in me, we are one.

Moem
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Moem »

Amii, I'm afraid those can get bugs, too. :lol:

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!

Return to “Chat about Linux”