Recommendations for distro to put on a Yoga book

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
borg101

Recommendations for distro to put on a Yoga book

Post by borg101 »

I have an older Yoga book 2 11inch. The i3 version. I hear touch interfaces are, currently, a little *ahem* 'touch and go' (HAHAHA) with many Linux distros. Any recommendations?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
netg00r00

Re: Recommendations for distro to put on a Yoga book

Post by netg00r00 »

I wish I would have saw your thread so I didn't post an additional one. At any rate, assuming you are referring to a Lenovo Yoga, did you figure this out?

My thread.. viewtopic.php?f=49&t=252474
borg101

Post by borg101 »

netg00r00 wrote:I wish I would have saw your thread so I didn't post an additional one. At any rate, assuming you are referring to a Lenovo Yoga, did you figure this out?

I haven't even tried it tbh. I wanted to do it for my wife's laptop, then she had school and it required Windows. I'll try Ubuntu when she finishes this coming semester.
borg101

Post by borg101 »

borg101 wrote:
netg00r00 wrote:I wish I would have saw your thread so I didn't post an additional one. At any rate, assuming you are referring to a Lenovo Yoga, did you figure this out?

I haven't even tried it tbh. I wanted to do it for my wife's laptop, then she had school and it required Windows. I'll try Ubuntu when she finishes this coming semester.
Ignore my advice. If you install anything, go Ubuntu 16.04 LTS. Apparently there's an issue with the latest kernel and certain lenovo chips. It can potentially damage the computer.

Return to “Chat about Linux”