mint on Artful Aardvark 17.10 beta 2 works like a charme

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mach50

mint on Artful Aardvark 17.10 beta 2 works like a charme

Post by mach50 »

i have do some testing and upgrade and dist-upgrade i have no problem with both cinnamon and mate.. running on the new beta 2 of artful aardvakrk 17.10 beta 2 , alot faster if you ask me lol...
running perfect for me and fast not in virtual but on a main computer in a network testing...
i dont use the software of mint anymore but gnome software center , compiz the last version works perfect.
burning maps or whatever rings and bells do it for me...
only for people if they know what they do :oops:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: mint on Artful Aardvark 17.10 beta 2 works like a charme

Post by karlchen »

Hi, Mach50.

Moved your thread from "Linux Mint - Main Edition - Other Topics" to "Chat about Linux".
Reason:
Ubuntu 17.10 beta is not Linux Mint. They are two closely related, but separate operating systems.
What you tried on Ubuntu 17.10 beta was not running Linux Mint on top of Ubuntu 17.10 beta, but you added the desktop environments Cinnamon and Mate to Ubuntu 17.10.
Desktop environment does not equal operating system.

Regards,
Karl
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 771 days now.
Lifeline
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Hoser Rob »

Not only that, despite your clains you're obviously a complete noob running a beta Ubuntu release and doing things like installing multiple DEs that shouldn't be done even on a stable ubuntu release.

Will you still be gloating when it breaks? Not if, when.
Last edited by karlchen on Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: offending noun removed by moderator. You are free to consider installing Cinnamon/Mate on Ubuntu 17.10beta unprofessional, but this does not justify being offensive.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken
minitux

Post by minitux »

I'm not so drastic, and then, it's on a testing partition

Anyway, I like to have fun in the test, I have ubuntu 16.04 (unity) and install gnome shell session and cinnamon sessions and it works well

Another partion have Mint cinnamon and also have gnome shell session and even here everything is fine.

EDIT @Mach50 however, the title should be changed, nothing has to do with Mint, but Mate and Cinnamon on Ubuntu 17.10

Return to “Chat about Linux”