Just Curious

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
lisabonne citadel

Just Curious

Post by lisabonne citadel »

Is this true?
because i really love cia as human being. They are really sweet. I imagine Cia just like polar bears hiding from daylight. They really hibernate. I know... Polar doesnt match, but they are all bears.

https://wikileaks.org/vault7/#OutlawCountry
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Pjotr
Level 24
Level 24

Re: Just Curious

Post by Pjotr »

Sure, it's true. But.... (yawn):
The malware is effective but also hindered by several prerequisites needed for a successful attack. Most importantly, the CIA needs to have root access to the target machine before OutlawCountry can be deployed. This means the computer must have been previously compromised before the malware can be used.
Source: http://www.digitaljournal.com/tech-and- ... cle/496729

Much ado about..... not so much. :wink:
Tip: 10 things to do after installing Linux Mint 21.3 Virginia
Keep your Linux Mint healthy: Avoid these 10 fatal mistakes
Twitter: twitter.com/easylinuxtips
All in all, horse sense simply makes sense.
Rocky Bennett
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Rocky Bennett »

lisabonne citadel wrote:Is this true?
because i really love cia as human being. They are really sweet. I imagine Cia just like polar bears hiding from daylight. They really hibernate. I know... Polar doesnt match, but they are all bears.

https://wikileaks.org/vault7/#OutlawCountry

Do you mean the CIA? I would not equate the CIA with polar bears, but as a human being I do not love the CIA but I do love CIA agents.
lisabonne citadel

yes i mean THE cia. As human being like you said all of already given up of being cia AGENT.
The ethical code, the procedures integrity, and of course ALL HISTORY is surreal to be truth... Since 30 decade, they all became THIEFS.
Lysander666

Post by Lysander666 »

lisabonne citadel wrote: i really love cia as human being. They are really sweet. I imagine Cia just like polar bears
Polar bears may look "really sweet" but they are vicious predators.

That should tell you something about the comparison you are drawing.
lisabonne citadel

Lysander666 wrote:
lisabonne citadel wrote: i really love cia as human being. They are really sweet. I imagine Cia just like polar bears
Polar bears may look "really sweet" but they are vicious predators.

That should tell you something about the comparison you are drawing.
I have the same notion. But without fish they die starving.
Im just woondering if CIA have the same tools of sky surveillance just US Army or Defense Department.
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Hoser Rob »

Pjotr wrote:Sure, it's true. But.... (yawn): ...
Agree 100%. This is getting so boring. This distro has become a haven for conspiracy nuts, and I'm being polite.

If the CIA and, I stress, EVERY other intelligence agency stopped doing this today, you'd still have all the other hackers to worry about. What would change?
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken
coffee412
Level 8
Level 8

Post by coffee412 »

Keep in mind that the Outlaw has to be installed on an already cracked linux box. So, That really puts them in the same class as any other hacker. You have to get in first.

Not worried at all.
Ryzen x1800 Asus Prime x370-Pro 32 gigs Ram RX480 graphics
Dell PE T610, Dell PE T710
- List your hardware Profile: inxi -Fxpmrz
MeshCentral * Virtualbox * Debian * InvoiceNinja * NextCloud * Linux since kernel 2.0.36
lisabonne citadel

We all have right. In right place, in right time and Mint is secure.

Return to “Chat about Linux”