Cinnamon: Little stable upgrades in other distribution

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
xzj8b3

Cinnamon: Little stable upgrades in other distribution

Post by xzj8b3 »

I've been trying Cinnamon in Fedora for some time, but I often notice desktop upgrades that are unsteady... and I think it would be more sensible to test better before upgrading!!!

The Themes section has always had some problem... with the release of Cinnamon 3.6 at me now even pops up!!!

Please report the bug, as I am not subscribed to Gitub!!!!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Re: Cinnamon: Little stable upgrades in other distribution

Post by Moem »

So you're not talking about Mint in Cinnamon? Then this posting will have zero result at all. No one here will write a bug report based on your very vague remarks about things that happened to someone else (you) on a different distro.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
xzj8b3

Post by xzj8b3 »

I assume that other distributions take Cinnamon from the same repositories on Git from which that desktop is released.... Of course I'm talking about Cinnamon, but unfortunately I have to say that with the last release you can not even be able to the section of themes!!
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Hoser Rob »

Linux isn't nearly as integrated as WIndows is ... instead of huge megalithic OS files you get many, many smaller ones. As far as Linux sees it, your DE is really just another bit of application software.

So I'm not inclined to blame Cinnamon here but some underlying hardware support issue.

Fedora is not meant for neebs like you so you aren't going to get much better help there than you will here. Which, since you aren't running Mint or even a Debian based distro, is going to be about zero, as mentioned.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken
xzj8b3

Post by xzj8b3 »

Regardless of whether it depends on the error, or on that distribution or hardware you experience the problem, I do not personally believe that it is bad to report a bug.... and even I do not think too much that opening a relative item in a menu can depend more than so much from hardware!!!!

But Evidentememente Forum has a whole other perspective....

Does nothing remove Cinnamon by solving the problem.... Thank you and sorry for the trouble!!!!
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

It is certainly not bad to report a bug. But what you are doing here is not reporting a bug.
You're requesting for someone else to write a bug report, with minimal information, about problems that they have not seen and that occurred on a distro they are not using. I just don't see that going anywhere.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Hoser Rob »

xzj8b3 wrote:Regardless of whether it depends on the error, or on that distribution or hardware you experience the problem, I do not personally believe that it is bad to report a bug.... and even I do not think too much that opening a relative item in a menu can depend more than so much from hardware!!!!

Does nothing remove Cinnamon by solving the problem.... Thank you and sorry for the trouble!!!!
What people here are trying to say is that you can't assume you have a bug. I'm done here.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken
Penn

Post by Penn »

xzj8b3 wrote:Regardless of whether it depends on the error, or on that distribution or hardware you experience the problem, I do not personally believe that it is bad to report a bug.... and even I do not think too much that opening a relative item in a menu can depend more than so much from hardware!!!!

You still haven't reported a bug. Maybe it is a language difficulty but you haven't stated what isn't working correctly. The only assumptions I can make of what isn't right doesn't exist in 18.2 or LMDE2.

Sure, Fedora gets Cinnamon from Github, then they make whatever adjustments are needed for their repos. If it doesn't work, Fedora failed to make the necessary adjustments or, as already stated, it is a problem specific to YOUR machine.

Also as stated, I am just guessing what the possible issues are that you have experienced. Maybe if you clearly state that it is something someone here can help with. Otherwise, take it up with the Cinnamon maintainer at Fedora.

Return to “Chat about Linux”