Anarchy Linux

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Lucap
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Anarchy Linux

Post by Lucap »

I'm seeing a lot of people rating Artix Linux as really good but it use the LXQt desktop which i'm not a fan of as anything QT based looks really rough and clunky to me.
Lucap
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Lucap »

ArchLang - Yuck , some odd idea on what crunchbang should be with over the top dark theming , annoying grouping of applications and it's bloated with that sluggish feeling.

ArchBang - Not to far away from Crunchbang , it worked ok on USB but it failed to write Grub correctly when installed on my test machine.

Artix Linux - The installer started off pretty standard but soon become confusing as it doesn't use SystemD and there was no choice of what kernel to use and it didn't get past the login screen , might have another go as i assume i chose the wrong options.
Lucap
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Lucap »

Review: Artix Linux

https://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20171127#artix

If people who know what they are doing can't get it right then what hope does an idiot like me have across multiple machines. :P

On one hand It's been an annoying waste of time but at least it answered the question of what is best for me , Starting up Debian Sid again was like a home coming.

Return to “Chat about Linux”