Peppermint 5 - Software Update and now no Network Manager/Internet

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dunjenz

Peppermint 5 - Software Update and now no Network Manager/Internet

Post by dunjenz »

Hi, apologies if this was asked before, but I tried searching for the last few hours without any progress.

I have an old (5 years) Lenovo Ideapad which was running Peppermint 5. Everything was fine and dandy. There were software updates that I ignored until tonight. I uninstalled Chromium in favor of Chrome and did the software updates as my Chrome did not load after installing.

After everything updated, I do not see the Network Manager applet anymore and it's not in the start menu. Thus, I cannot get a wifi connection. Plugging in an ethernet cable did not work as well.

If I type "iwconfig" I get eth0 "no wireless extensions". "rfkill list" shows ideapad_wlan: Wireless LAN and phy0: Wireless LAN with no for soft and hard blocked.

"inxi -nx" shows Card-1 Broadcom NetLink BCM57780 Gigabit Ethernet PCIe state:down
Card-2 Qualcomm Atheros AR9285 Wireless Network Adapter state: down as well.

Any other info I need to provide?

Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: Peppermint 5 - Software Update and now no Network Manager/Internet

Post by karlchen »

<moderator on> Peppermint 5: Peppermint is not Linux Mint. Therefore threat moved from "Main Edition" to "Chat about Linux". </moderator off>
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 762 days now.
Lifeline
DAMIEN1307

Re: Peppermint 5 - Software Update and now no Network Manager/Internet

Post by DAMIEN1307 »

hi dunjenz...for help with Peppermint Distro you need to visit Peppermint Forum site https://forum.peppermintos.com/ you should be able to get any help needed there...just FYI...Peppermint 5 is waaaaay out of date and probably no longer supported...Peppermint is now at Peppermint 8.5 respin...DAMIEN

Return to “Chat about Linux”