Read this

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Spearmint2
Level 16
Level 16

Re: Read this

Post by Spearmint2 »

I hope you enjoy the data mining from windows 10 of your personal data. I hope you enjoy them sharing it with anyone who will pay them enough. I hope you enjoy becoming a webbot for their peer to peer sharing of updates from your personal computer, using your bandwidth for free, to supply the world with those updates. I hope you enjoy the driver corruptions in the next big update like happened to so many from the last big update, so they had to reinstall manufacturer driver files. I hope you enjoy having no control over your forced updates, especially when in middle of game playing, LOL. I hope you enjoy paying $100-200 for a copy. That's just too much enjoyment for me to accept.
Last edited by Spearmint2 on Tue Jan 16, 2018 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
All things go better with Mint. Mint julep, mint jelly, mint gum, candy mints, pillow mints, peppermint, chocolate mints, spearmint,....
Jim Hauser

Post by Jim Hauser »

I have been using Linux Mint for 4 years now...

No questions

No problems

No worries

No prison

I am going to bed now and will leave the computer running.

I think you have to give any OS more than a week before giving up...
michael louwe

Post by michael louwe »

@ Camofriday, .......
Camofriday wrote:I just wanted to say that I’m free from the prison of Linux, lol HELLLO windows
Wrt your earlier post at ... viewtopic.php?f=90&t=260776 , seems you were imprisoned by your old Intel 2nd-gen processor computer from 2011, which could not play modern games like Arma 3 that requires Linux OpenGL 4.1 or newer.
... Buying a new computer would have liberated you from your Windows-less prison or prison of Linux, ie it was your old computer and gaming which kept you locked inside the prison of Windows.

Similarly, a new game may require Win 10's DX-12, forcing users to upgrade from Win 7/8.1 to Win 10.

If you do get a new computer to run Linux, try to install the graphics card driver from the OEMs, eg the Nvidia driver instead of the open-source nouveau driver, as per this link ... https://www.opengl.org/discussion_board ... GL-vs-MESA
Free Ubuntu/LM LTS is supported for only 5 years while non-free Win 7/8.1 is supported for 10 years. Free Lubuntu LTS is even only supported for 3 years. Non-free Win XP was even supported for 13 years.
... So, an old computer runs longer on Windows than on LM, especially for games. That's the price Linux users have to pay for using free software/OS = buy new computers more frequently.
... But with the new fortified prison of Win 10 (= forced auto-updates and upgrades), many Win 7/8.1/XP-EmbeddedPOS users were forced to free themselves of Win 10 and seek refuge in Linux.
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Hoser Rob »

Camofriday wrote:I just wanted to say that I’m free from the prison of Linux, lol HELLLO windows
Was somehow expecting more ...
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken
Pepi
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Pepi »

Microsoft OS and servers OS made me take an early retirement :P
151tom
Level 4
Level 4

Post by 151tom »

Last edited by 151tom on Fri Nov 23, 2018 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Last year we said, 'Things can't go on like this', and they didn't, they got worse.
[Will Rogers]

There are two theories to arguing with a woman. Neither works.
[Will Rogers]
Sir Charles

Post by Sir Charles »

trytip wrote:this is a post.
+1
Royal-Mint

Post by Royal-Mint »

"Read this" hmm?

I don't take orders from you.

Return to “Chat about Linux”