I can not transfer ( see ) files from smartphone to asus 200HA

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Asusucks

I can not transfer ( see ) files from smartphone to asus 200HA

Post by Asusucks »

I managed to get mint to work ok-eish on this thing( asus e 200 ha ) but I can not see my phone folders ( HTC desire 526 ) so I can not transfer photos/videos. I also cant get sound to work trough HDMI connected to TV but file transfer from the phone is more important.

What can I do?

I get this :
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Arch_Enemy
Level 6
Level 6

Re: When did you come to Linux?

Post by Arch_Enemy »

Asusucks wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:47 am Yesterday.

I tried different distros the day before and choose this one. Unfortunately it seems i will have to go back to win 10. Maybe some day in future i will come back.
What issues are you having that are driving you back to Windows? Very few things can't be overcome these days. Unless, of course, you have Canon printers... :evil:
I have travelled 37629424162.9 miles in my lifetime

One thing I would suggest, create a partition as a 50G partition as /. Partition the rest as /Home. IF the system fails, reinstall and use the exact same username and all your 'stuff' comes back to you.
Asusucks

Post by Asusucks »

Arch_Enemy wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:26 pm

I tried different distros the day before and choose this one. Unfortunately it seems i will have to go back to win 10. Maybe some day in future i will come back.
What issues are you having that are driving you back to Windows? Very few things can't be overcome these days. Unless, of course, you have Canon printers... :evil:
Asus 200HA notebook. I installed mint 19 xfce on it. I have it connected to TV via HDMI but i only get sound from the laptop and not from the TV.
Also when i connect my phone HTC desire 526 via USB I can not see my files on it and transfer them ( photo, video ).
Arch_Enemy
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Arch_Enemy »

Asusucks wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:39 am

Asus 200HA notebook. I installed mint 19 xfce on it. I have it connected to TV via HDMI but i only get sound from the laptop and not from the TV.
Also when i connect my phone HTC desire 526 via USB I can not see my files on it and transfer them ( photo, video ).

OK. Are you using Pulse Audio? You have to have the Pulse Audio Volume Control installed. I don't think it is installed by default. Go to Configuration. If you're lucky, it will have one option that says "plugged in", or the others will say "unplugged". Choose the one that is either "plugged in" or has nothing after it. That may resolve it for you, so try to play a song or something. If not, start the song over and go to the Playback tab. Click at the bottom that says "All Streams and see if any of them are "hopping. In my case I use QMMP, a WinAmp style player. It comes up with the application. If it says "Built-In Analog Stereo", drop it down and see if it says something like "HDMI Audio Controller" and select that. Good? If not, head over to the tab that says "Output Devices" and see if it the HDMI/Display Port is selected. If not, selcet it. If all is right with the world, you should hear output from the TV. If not, come back and tell us what happened.

Oh, and tips are graciously accepted, preferably in 25-year old Scotch... :wink:

One thing I would suggest, create a partition as a 50G partition as /. Partition the rest as /Home. IF the system fails, reinstall and use the exact same username and all your 'stuff' comes back to you.
Asusucks

Post by Asusucks »

These are the options I have:
Under "output device" in "port" I only have "analog output" option.
Asusucks

Post by Asusucks »

When I connect my phone I get his:
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

A chat topic is not the best place for troubleshooting. Just saying'. It's better to direct the folks who want to help you to your existing suppurt request topics.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
Arch_Enemy
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Arch_Enemy »

Asusucks wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:39 am

Oh. as far as the phone, I can't see anything on my Kyocera Android phone, either. Even I need help with that... :D

But, I think the USB port is boned. It charges the phone. I take the card out and put it in a card reader. :(

Asusucks

Post by Asusucks »

Moem wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:25 am A chat topic is not the best place for troubleshooting. Just saying'. It's better to direct the folks who want to help you to your existing suppurt request topics.
Ok. I agree.
Arch_Enemy wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:43 am
Oh. as far as the phone, I can't see anything on my Kyocera Android phone, either. Even I need help with that... :D

But, I think the USB port is boned. It charges the phone. I take the card out and put it in a card reader. :(
That is a shame. Thanks for trying to help.
Arch_Enemy
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Arch_Enemy »

Asusucks wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:48 am
Moem wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:25 am A chat topic is not the best place for troubleshooting. Just saying'. It's better to direct the folks who want to help you to your existing suppurt request topics.
Ok. I agree.
Arch_Enemy wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:43 am Oh. as far as the phone, I can't see anything on my Kyocera Android phone, either. Even I need help with that... :D

Did you at least get the audio to work?

Arch_Enemy
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Arch_Enemy »

Sorry, Moem. I just saw a cry for help and jumped in feet first!

Arch_Enemy
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Arch_Enemy »

Ok. I agree.
Arch_Enemy wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:43 am Oh. as far as the phone, I can't see anything on my Kyocera Android phone, either. Even I need help with that... :D

Try the "Mulitchannel output" I bet that's your HDMI port....

Arch_Enemy
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Arch_Enemy »

Moem, you may want to try to move this to a more appropriated area. Thanks.

Appropraited? Damm Scocth! :lol:

Arch_Enemy
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Arch_Enemy »

Arch_Enemy wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:06 am Moem, you may want to try to move this to a more appropriated area. Thanks.

Appropraited? Damm Scocth! :lol:
Ok...I give up...BARTENDER!!!

Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

Arch_Enemy wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:04 am Sorry, Moem. I just saw a cry for help and jumped in feet first!
I understand, and it's appreciated, but can you move the troubleshooting to the poster's other threads? Thanks!
... Okay, seeing your request on preview, I'll do what I can, but it's not going to be pretty.

And please watch the quote marks. I've been cleaning up post after post with botched quotes.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
Arch_Enemy
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Arch_Enemy »

Moem wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:09 am
Arch_Enemy wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:04 am Sorry, Moem. I just saw a cry for help and jumped in feet first!
I understand, and it's appreciated, but can you move the troubleshooting to the poster's other threads? Thanks!
... Okay, seeing your request on preview, I'll do what I can, but it's not going to be pretty.

And please watch the quote marks. I've been cleaning up post after post with botched quotes.
Well, I tried cleaning them up on the last one, but after a couple Scotches at 3AM, all bets are off! :wink:

Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

Arch_Enemy wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:06 am Moem, you may want to try to move this to a more appropriated area. Thanks.
'Want' is a big word here... but I did what I could.

Asusucks

Post by Asusucks »

Arch_Enemy wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:05 am
Ok. I agree.

Tried it. Did not solve it.
Arch_Enemy
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Arch_Enemy »

Moem wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:18 am
'Want' is a big word here... but I did what I could.
Thanks. Seems to have worked! :D

Arch_Enemy
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Arch_Enemy »

Asusucks wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:22 am
Arch_Enemy wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:05 am

Ok. I agree.

Tried it. Did not solve it.
Hmmm....did you go back to the "Output Devices" tab and see if it appeared there? You would have to select it there and then check the "Playback" tab and see if it appears there as well.

May have to go another step back. Sometimes ALSA tells Pulse what to do.

Whererver you have the volume slider on the taskbar, right click and select "Sound Preferences". Click the "Hardware" tab and see what appears there. On my system it always defaults to the 'built-in audio', but see if there is another option there, in my case "HDMI Audio Controller". See if that's there and click it, then hit "Test Speakers". If still no joy, go to the "Output" tab and see what's there. In my case it also defaults to "Built-in Analog Stereo", so if the other option is there. At the bottom your Mutilchannel output should appear there.

Try that and tell us what happens. Good luck!

Return to “Hardware Support”