Mint 18.3 cinnamon to Zorin OS 12.3

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rosenpete100

Mint 18.3 cinnamon to Zorin OS 12.3

Post by rosenpete100 »

Hi,
Can anyone tell me if it`s possible to swap over from Linux Mint 18.3 Sylvia cinnamon to Zorin, and if so give me step by step instructions?
To give you a clue as to my expertise, I was absolutely stunned that I managed to install Mint!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: Mint 18.3 cinnamon to Zorin OS 12.3

Post by karlchen »

<moderator on>
Installing any other OS, Zorin OS 12.3 in this case, is off-topic with respect to Linux Mint. Hence the topic has been moved from "Main Edition" > "Installation & Boot" to "Chat about Linux".
</moderator off>
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 750 days now.
Lifeline
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by karlchen »

Hello, rosenpete100.
rosenpete100 wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 12:55 pm [...] Zorin, and if so give me step by step instructions?
As is not too much of a surprise, the installation steps for Zorin OS can be found on the Zorin OS website here: Install Zorin OS
Good luck,
Karl
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 750 days now.
Lifeline
Schultz
Level 9
Level 9

Post by Schultz »

[offtopic]
For what it's worth, I tried Zorin once. I found it to be a bit buggy. But YMMV.
[/offtopic]
MintBean

Post by MintBean »

Your first post is asking how to install another OS? Really?
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Hoser Rob »

MintBean wrote: Sun Mar 25, 2018 8:47 pm Your first post is asking how to install another OS? Really?
Maybe he/she just wants the Zorin interface, but installing that over Mint would be a BAD idea.

Zorin's claim to fame is looking like Windows 7. However, it's still Linux, so it isn not going to work like Windows. For example if you use your file manager there still isn't going to be a C: drive. This will actually confuse many users more, not less.

It seems very buggy from all reports and the Zorin supporrt site is awful Can't recommend it myself.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken
CaptainKirksChair
Level 4
Level 4

Post by CaptainKirksChair »

My original Linux install was Ubuntu. Then I installed Zorin after a full HD partition. I tried to like Zorin but it just wasn't what I wanted. That's why I ended up with Mint. It's EXACTLY what I want!
MintBean

Post by MintBean »

Personally the fact that there's a paid version of Zorin puts me off as some 'good stuff' is exclusive to that version.
bob466
Level 6
Level 6

Post by bob466 »

I also tried Zorin some time ago...apart form being buggy...they claimed it looked like Windows 7...Really? don't think they've seen Win 7. The worst thing for me was the Menu...very confusing and hard to find applications...unlike Mint which is very user friendly and leaves Zorin for Dead in every way. :D
Linux For Ever...Windows Never. Image
The Freedom To Choose Your Own Avatar Without Victimisation.
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Post by Pierre »

well - - I've used Zorin 9 in the past, and quite liked it.
:)
and I've still got Zorin 12 running in a VB ..
8)
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.

Return to “Chat about Linux”