Install 'Lite' on SSD

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
bobfunduro

Install 'Lite' on SSD

Post by bobfunduro »

Hi all

I'm trying to revive a Fujitsu Amilo 1705 with an 120gb SSD and installing 'Lite'.

So far, I can get Lite to display in 'safe' mode but it will not load onto the SSD.

SSD has been formatted NTFS and given a E: label since I had to do this on my main W10 (urghh!) and I'm wary of confusing and crashing it. It is the only drive on the Fujitsu.

Any thoughts.
Regards
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Install 'Lite' on SSD

Post by xenopeek »

What is Lite?
bobfunduro

Post by bobfunduro »

Linux Lite 3.6 32 bit. from the Linux shop.
Flemur
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Flemur »

So far, I can get Lite to display in 'safe' mode but it will not load onto the SSD.
What happens?

https://www.linuxliteos.com/manual/install.html
No doubt you're NOT supposed to install to a(n) NTFS partition.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] if/when it is solved!
Your data and OS are backed up....right?
bobfunduro

Post by bobfunduro »

Just found this

Please note that Linux Lite does not support UEFI booting. Your motherboard must be configured to use MBR booting, and you cannot install Linux Lite alongside GPT partitions. I only discovered this after downloading the iso and trying to install it.

I did use MBR as it seemed in sync with an old computer.
bobfunduro

Post by bobfunduro »

From (my) memory it displays a panel with various tabs for internet, installing software et al.

The only way forward seemed to go for the desktop option to install on a hard drive - which didn't work due to problem on my first post.

If it is a NTFS problem I'm not sure what to change it too or how to. I'm using Western digital data lifeguard diagnostics.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Moved here as this topic wasn't about Linux Mint. Linux Lite have their own support forum for best help: https://www.linuxliteos.com/forums/
bobfunduro

Post by bobfunduro »

Hi

I'd appreciate some help here. The Linuxlite forum appears to be a bit of a Marie Celeste, lots of viewers but little replies.

I've discovered that the computer knows the SSD is there but Lite doesn't. Is there any common ground between this Lite issue and Mint that might help me?

Cheers

Return to “Chat about Linux”