Embarassing Keyboard Problem [SOLVED] (Cautionary Tale)

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Amii_Leigh
Level 5
Level 5

Embarassing Keyboard Problem [SOLVED] (Cautionary Tale)

Post by Amii_Leigh »

I woke up this morning after my cat went to a lot of trouble to get me awake. She was hungry. I got dressed, then walked over to the computer to log on before going to feed the cat. Only...I got my password wrong. I kept trying, and failing. I finally got the computer to reboot and then got to the desktop only to find that I couldn't use my password there either. Anything I had to use the password on kept telling me that the password I was using was wrong.
FORTUNATELY I have gedit set up to come up by pressing one key. In this case, it's the otherwise useless Scroll Lock button (with a non-functioning light).
I then started to type out my password one letter at a time into Gedit until I found the culprit: the letters F and R were both moving at the same time. So I reached over to my desktop organiser and got my handy-dandy beautician's scissors with the funky curlique on one finger hole, which I use to pry off keyboard buttons to pry off the suspected keyboard buttons.
Long story short, be careful when eating something sticky over your keyboard. Especially honey. Peanut butter and honey is very tasty, but honey sticks keys together.
By the way, my cat finally did get fed.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
नमस्ते = Namaste
I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells.
I honor the place in you in which is of love, of truth, of light, and of peace.
When you are in that place in you, and I am in that place in me, we are one.
lsemmens
Level 11
Level 11

Re: Embarassing Keyboard Problem [SOLVED] (Cautionary Tale)

Post by lsemmens »

Thanks Amii-Leigh, I thought I was the only one that had those problems. :D
Fully mint Household
Out of my mind - please leave a message
MrEen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: Embarassing Keyboard Problem [SOLVED] (Cautionary Tale)

Post by MrEen »

Also, if you change to eating cookies at the keyboard, I don't know how, but even though the crumbs have to be really small to get past the keys, they can still be large enough to stop keypresses from registering. Then, when you give the key area a blast of compressed air, you sometimes have only changed the key that doesn't work to another key.

Ummm, so I've heard. :oops:

Return to “Chat about Linux”