Spoiled by Linux 18.3 Cinnamon

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
AZgl1800
Level 20
Level 20
Location: Oklahoma where the wind comes Sweeping down the Plains

Spoiled by Linux 18.3 Cinnamon

Post by AZgl1800 »

I just finished up an hour long session on the phone with Medicare and BlueCross BlueShield.

The records I needed, and my desktop Scanner is attached to my Win7 Desktop PC....
It is a very nice setup, 24" monitor, loads of memory and HDD space, fully lighted, Mechanical touch keyboard that register's key strokes before you hit the bottom of the stroke.... I hate Mylar keyboards, touch a key, and it don't register.

anyway, during my session with the bureaucrats, I needed to make some screenshots and forward them to the right people... I so missed ScreenShot on Linux, capture just a part of the screen. Had to do a full Screenshot, then use Paint.exe to crop it and then save the file....

My experience with Linux is relatively new, going on about a year of intensive work with it, and the last six months, I have been reading every new trouble thread and following along.... learn a lot that way.

At this point, I am spoiled by Linux, it does what I want, when I want it now.
And my laptop is easier to use than the big Desktop, as it is just laying in my lap, instead of spread out all over a large office desk....
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
LM21.3 Cinnamon ASUS FX705GM | Donate to Mint https://www.patreon.com/linux_mint
Plons
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Spoiled by Linux 18.3 Cinnamon

Post by Plons »

I like Shutter a lot. It allows for area capture, window capture, full screen capture etc. Easy to use. Recommended.

You can find and install it with the Program Manager ( I am still using 17.3, but I expect it to be in 18.3 as well )

Enjoy :)
Leef met vlag en wimpel maar hou het simpel (translation: Live with flying colours but KISS)
AZgl1800
Level 20
Level 20
Location: Oklahoma where the wind comes Sweeping down the Plains

Re: Spoiled by Linux 18.3 Cinnamon

Post by AZgl1800 »

Plons wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:00 pm I like Shutter a lot. It allows for area capture, window capture, full screen capture etc. Easy to use. Recommended.

You can find and install it with the Program Manager ( I am still using 17.3, but I expect it to be in 18.3 as well )

Enjoy :)
I tried Shutter, didn't suit my style, I went back to Screenshot, Quick and Dirty, does exactly what I want it to.
Select full-screen, current Window, Grab an Area,
give it a name, and it saves to the Desktop right where I want it.

I always upload images to Imgur and I have control of where it goes, an Album, or an added image.
LM21.3 Cinnamon ASUS FX705GM | Donate to Mint https://www.patreon.com/linux_mint

Return to “Chat about Linux”