Can't restore from Deja Dup backup

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dreamkatcha

Can't restore from Deja Dup backup

Post by dreamkatcha »

Hi,

I updated my system backup with Deja Dup that I made under Xubuntu and then did a fresh install of Lubuntu, but can't restore it now I'm up and running again. I get the error "restore failed, no backups to restore" which is a complete lie since I can see it and point the program towards the right folder.

Does it matter that I made this under one distro and am trying to import it into another with a different partition configuration? I thought Deja Dup was blind to all that and was only interested in your selection of folders to backup. Am I missing something?

I wish I'd just copied all the files to an external drive now. This 'easy' tool just complicates things.

Any help would be much appreciated please.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Can't restore from Deja Dup backup

Post by catweazel »

dreamkatcha wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 5:12 am Hi,

I updated my system backup with Deja Dup that I made under Xubuntu and then did a fresh install of Lubuntu, but can't restore it now I'm up and running again. I get the error "restore failed, no backups to restore" which is a complete lie since I can see it and point the program towards the right folder.
How does this relate to Linux Mint?
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
dreamkatcha

Post by dreamkatcha »

I don't suppose it does really, but it's all Linux, shared software and processes etc. and I'm a member here and not anywhere else.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

Mod note:
Moved to Chat about Linux. We don't generally offer support for other OSses than Mint, just so you know for the future. It may all be Linux, but there are just so many... and besides, there's always differences so things would just get way too confusing. You might want to give https://www.linuxquestions.org/ a try.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!

Return to “Chat about Linux”