Suse sold for 2.5 Billion Dollars

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
thx-1138
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Suse sold for 2.5 Billion Dollars

Post by thx-1138 »

Well, i guess i probably subscribe to the Young Hegelians & successors mindset myself... :wink:

...if i may recommend, have a look at August Strindberg's works, the father (more or less) of modern Swedish literature.
Since you mentioned Swedenborg, although not Strindberg's strongest work by any means, maybe you'll be interested in Inferno...

You will undoubtedly be interested in this though. Ekman was the big name of Swedish cinema before Bergman broke in,
sadly forgotten & overshadowed today, and the above film is a christian-inspired reply to the latter's existentialism.
Highly recommended work of so-called 'classic era' cinema, regardless of someone's worldview.
Sir Charles

Post by Sir Charles »

Ingmar_Bergman-The_Seventh_Seal-01.jpg
The Official Trailer
lmuserx4849

Post by lmuserx4849 »

Spearmint2 wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:50 am Suse bought by Swedish Equity Firm

I guess RedHat will be next on the list of some big firm to buy. Might be a good stock investment now.
Redhat IPO was in 1999.

Suse should be renamed to the hot potato distribution. It changes hands so often. I wonder how they'll run OpenSuSE. It's a good distro, with Leap and Tumbleweed. YaST is a nice gui for configuration and package management.

Is it time for another Tech bubble/burst...
thx-1138
Level 8
Level 8

Post by thx-1138 »

...well, their Chairman appears to be rather re-assuring to end-users. Of course, it all remains to be seen...
Spearmint2
Level 16
Level 16

Post by Spearmint2 »

thx-1138 wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:10 am Well, i guess i probably subscribe to the Young Hegelians & successors mindset myself... :wink:

...if i may recommend, have a look at August Strindberg's works, the father (more or less) of modern Swedish literature.
Since you mentioned Swedenborg, although not Strindberg's strongest work by any means, maybe you'll be interested in Inferno...

You will undoubtedly be interested in this though. Ekman was the big name of Swedish cinema before Bergman broke in,
sadly forgotten & overshadowed today, and the above film is a christian-inspired reply to the latter's existentialism.
Highly recommended work of so-called 'classic era' cinema, regardless of someone's worldview.
Thanks for links, will check out. I see you are in Athens. I've visited there a number of times, stayed in Glyfada area "Little America" during 80's. I had stopped in "Bobby's Bar" there about a week before it was blown up, but I was back on Kriti by then in Kato Gournes for 3 years outside Iraklio. Enjoyed my time there.
All things go better with Mint. Mint julep, mint jelly, mint gum, candy mints, pillow mints, peppermint, chocolate mints, spearmint,....

Return to “Chat about Linux”