Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Bivu

Post by Bivu »

Hello
I am new here. I am a student but I have a lot of interest in computer. How to use Linux?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Re: Newbie

Post by Moem »

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
all41
Level 19
Level 19

Post by all41 »

Hello and welcome aboard Bivu
How to use Linux?
The answer is 'Instead'
Everything in life was difficult before it became easy.
lsemmens
Level 11
Level 11

Post by lsemmens »

Hi, newbie
I'm guessing that English is not your first language. You use Linux in the same way as you use any other Operating system. Think of it as driving a car. You own a Honda, then someone gives you a Volvo to drive. Both have the same aim, get you from point a to point b. Of course the buttons are different, and they are in different places, reliability of the vehicle may be another issue, but, you get the idea.
Fully mint Household
Out of my mind - please leave a message
SwanRider

Post by SwanRider »

Hi Newbie
I would always suggest you go here first it saved me a lot of problems when I started and I managed to learn what to do and what not to do. It is by far the best and the easiest to follow and understand - if you have already installed then still go here because it will make your experience better
https://sites.google.com/site/easylinux ... amon-first
kc1di
Level 18
Level 18

Post by kc1di »

Hello Bivu and Welcome to Linux Mint Forums,
Learning Linux really has become quite easy today. There are many online helps and this forum is a great place to get help on most things linux and mint.
Easy tips : https://easylinuxtipsproject.blogspot.com/ Pjotr's Great Linux projects page.
Linux Mint Installation Guide: http://linuxmint-installation-guide.rea ... en/latest/
Registered Linux User #462608
phd21
Level 20
Level 20

Post by phd21 »

Hi Bivu,

Welcome to the wonderful world of Linux Mint and its excellent forum!
Phd21: Mint 20 Cinnamon & KDE Neon 64-bit Awesome OS's, Dell Inspiron I5 7000 (7573, quad core i5-8250U ) 2 in 1 touch screen
JerryF
Level 16
Level 16

Post by JerryF »

Welcome!

Return to “Chat about Linux”