Debian vs Ubuntu base bugs

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
DAMIEN1307

Re: Debian vs Ubuntu base bugs

Post by DAMIEN1307 »

hi josephm...you missed the whole point of my last post...no problem with me at all about the information, my comment was about it being overly complicated for an admitted newbie who is wanting things explained more simply...we all need to try and learn not to be so complex when explaining to newbies...and it certainly should not look like a debate...it is true that many of us who have been around for a while understand and grasp these things easily but not so much newbies...i deal mostly with young teens here in my community just learning computers from me since our schools offer no courses whatsoever where we live and it has helped me be more down to earth with them and giving them what they need to know at the moment without being overly technical, and boy, are they learning fast...just saying...DAMIEN
JosephM
Level 6
Level 6

Post by JosephM »

hi josephm...you missed the whole point of my last post
No, I understood. It admittedly went a little off topic in the explanation that was really outside of the original question. But giving misinformation, even when it's an honest mistake isn't the way to go. This is going off topic again so I'll drop this here ;)

The simple answer: Neither is buggier than the other. The bugs are just different. Try them and find what works for you. If you are new to Linux, I'd always suggest Mint main over LMDE.
When I give opinions, they are my own. Not necessarily those of any other Linux Mint developer or the Linux Mint project as a whole.
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Hoser Rob »

mediclaser wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:55 am...o I'm here hoping to get the answer from other experienced members. ...
Those WERE experienced members :roll:
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken
mediclaser
Level 4
Level 4

Post by mediclaser »

I appreciate all of you guys for the more technical but factual information. It also helped having a member of the development team join the discussion. It saved me the trouble of having to find those answers all across the net. Trust me, not all beginners are afraid to take on highly technical information. The only thing I'm afraid of is a situation where I need to fix my OS and don't know where to find the information on how to do it.

Not that it matters now, but for those who are confused as to why I opened this thread, you'll find the answer by simply reading (and understanding) everything in my original post.
If you're looking for a greener Linux pasture, you won't find any that is greener than Linux Mint. ;)

Return to “Chat about Linux”