It’s Now Easier to Install ThinkPad Firmware Updates on Linux

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

It’s Now Easier to Install ThinkPad Firmware Updates on Linux

Post by catweazel »

https://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2018/08/lvf ... ates-linux
It’s about to get a whole lot easier to install ThinkPad firmware updates on Linux.

Red Hat’s Richard Hughes has revealed that tech company Lenovo, who produce the ThinkPad line of laptops, is joining the Linux Vendor Firmware Service, better known as the LVFS.

Tens of thousands of ThinkPad users will see firmware updates listed in GNOME Software in the coming weeks…

It’s a pretty big deal, with tens of thousands of Linux users set to benefit from the partnership.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
AndyMH
Level 21
Level 21

Re: It’s Now Easier to Install ThinkPad Firmware Updates on Linux

Post by AndyMH »

Nice, but unlikely to benefit me, suspect mine are too old. But, they all work perfectly in mint anyway so why would I want to fix it?
Thinkcentre M720Q - LM21.3 cinnamon, 4 x T430 - LM21.3 cinnamon, Homebrew desktop i5-8400+GTX1080 Cinnamon 19.0
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Re: It’s Now Easier to Install ThinkPad Firmware Updates on Linux

Post by Moem »

Sounds like good news for the future. I'm not using recent enough Thinkpads that this is relevant to me right now, but one day...

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!

Return to “Chat about Linux”