What we owe to microsoft and apple...

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rickNS
Level 9
Level 9

Re: What we owe to microsoft and apple...

Post by rickNS »

gm10 wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:36 pm
rickNS wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:25 pm DOS invented when Bill was in diapers, yet many think MS-DOS is a windows thing.
In this day and age of alternate facts, I guess you are entitled to say that. Lol.

Hmm, let's see. Microsoft was selling Unix before it even created PC DOS, every version of the NT kernel had a POSIX subsystem and Microsoft is the biggest net contributor to open source in the world. Oh, and despite all that, their desktop OS is actually successful.

Yes, your jealousy is warranted. :lol:
So, who am I supposedly jealous of ?

As far as contributors go, let me ask If I rob a bank for $5 million, then give $5 thousand to charity, does that make me a good person ?
Mint 20.0, and 21.0 MATE on Thinkpads, 3 X T420, T450, T470, and X200
gm10

Post by gm10 »

rickNS wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:54 am So, who am I supposedly jealous of ?
I was just observing, not suggesting.

Both Microsoft and Linux have taken concepts from those that came before. It's called progress. It's why we don't live on trees anymore. Knowledge gets passed forward.
PhilippeH
Level 2
Level 2

Post by PhilippeH »

As far as contributors go, let me ask If I rob a bank for $5 million, then give $5 thousand to charity, does that make me a good person ?
No. To be a good person, you would have to give away the whole bounty :wink:

Return to “Chat about Linux”