I'm Moving on. (no i'm not) [RESOLVED]

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
gomerpile

Re: I'm Moving on.

Post by gomerpile »

LOL You must have missed it, read carefully and U will see the credits. Like usually those that shout the loudest are >>>>
AZgl1800
Level 20
Level 20
Location: Oklahoma where the wind comes Sweeping down the Plains

Post by AZgl1800 »

I must have forgotten to remove the covers this morning when I got out of bed.

my 18.3 Cinnamon woke up, played the youtube videos, and gasp! it reads Facebook w/o any issues.
VLC so far has played all the videos that I have offered up to it.

guess I need to go put my head back in the sand. :roll:

somewhere in that old rant, I don't recall that anyone ever said that Linux is supposed to play all Native MS Windows applications?

I think the reason I came over to Mint was to get away from the updates that kept freezing my WinPC and leaving the infamous Blue Screen staring at me.

Maybe I have it all wrong? :shock:

I have a crontab job that runs once a day, it applies every single update from Update Manager, with the exception of the kernel. that one I like to monitor.
LM21.3 Cinnamon ASUS FX705GM | Donate to Mint https://www.patreon.com/linux_mint
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Post by catweazel »

gomerpile wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:04 pm LOL You must have missed it, read carefully and U will see the credits. Like usually those that shout the loudest are >>>>
gomerpile wrote: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:28 pm Your missing out of all this great stuff. LOL
Loud shouting like that, for example.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
kenetics
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kenetics »

Is this the Argument Forum or did I accidentally stumble into Abuse?? :lol:
Using Mint as primary OS since 2006.
RubyStone
Level 2
Level 2

Post by RubyStone »

OKay folks, here is what I am talking about:

From The Linux Foundation Web Site

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Unacceptable Behavior

Harassment will not be tolerated in any form, including but not limited to harassment based on gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion or any other status protected by laws in which the conference or program is being held. Harassment includes the use of abusive, offensive or degrading language, intimidation, stalking, harassing photography or recording, inappropriate physical contact, sexual imagery and unwelcome sexual advances or requests for sexual favors. Any report of harassment at one of our events will be addressed immediately. Participants asked to stop any harassing behavior are expected to comply immediately. Anyone who witnesses or is subjected to unacceptable behavior should notify a conference organizer at once.

Exhibitors should not use sexualized images, activities, or other material in their booths and must refrain from the use of sexualized clothing/uniforms/costumes, or otherwise creating a sexualized environment. Speakers should not use sexual language, images, or any language or images that would constitute harassment as defined above in their talks.

Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior

If a participant engages in harassing behavior, the conference organizers may take any action they deem appropriate, ranging from issuance of a warning to the offending individual to expulsion from the conference with no refund, depending on the circumstances The Linux Foundation (and LF Projects) reserve the right to exclude any participant found to be engaging in harassing behavior from participating in any further Linux Foundation (or LF Project) events, trainings or other activities.

What To Do If You Witness Or Are Subject To Unacceptable Behavior

If you are being harassed, notice that someone else is being harassed, or have any other concerns relating to harassment, please contact a member of event staff immediately. Event staff can be identified by t-shirts/staff badges onsite; and an organizer can be found at the event registration counter at any time. You are also encouraged to contact Angela Brown, VP of Events at angela (at) linuxfoundation (dot) org with any questions or concerns.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ambiguous language will be used to dissuade/discourage, and even remove, the most qualified coders in favor of those who are simple not involved. True Meritocracy doesn't focus on identity but rather on quality. MANY of the coders who have contributed to the Linux Kernel will be removed simple because of who they are NOT. Search and you will see Linus has already voluntarily removed himself.
absque fenestris
Level 12
Level 12

Post by absque fenestris »

Consequences of Unacceptable Behavior
Today's wood of the Inquisition: the Internet with Facebook, Twitter, Goooogle... Newspapers, television - just a few degrees colder.
Giordano Bruno sends his greetings, Galilei was a bit smarter and wrote his Discorsi e Dimostrazioni Matematiche intorno a due nuove scienze. He was not allowed to publish, but at least the wonderful discourse stayed with us.
rambo919
Level 5
Level 5

Post by rambo919 »

Shortened version

Common user: What is unacceptable?
Mod of the Mob: Whatever I feel like at the moment.....
gm10

Post by gm10 »

Harassment was always unacceptable for everybody except the harasser. Which are you?

Just let me know if I need to blow this thread up as well or if you can handle it by yourselves this time. :P
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

RubyStone wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:32 am Search and you will see Linus has already voluntarily removed himself.
He's taking a break. Doesn't mean the sky is falling.
But feel free to move on if you're so inclined. No one is going to stop you.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Post by catweazel »

RubyStone wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:32 am OKay folks, here is what I am talking about:
I could have sworn you said you were going.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
idle

Post by idle »

catweazel wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:08 am
RubyStone wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:32 am OKay folks, here is what I am talking about:
Oh that's rich. Didn't you say the same thing? Yet here you are ...
gm10

Post by gm10 »

idle wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:58 am
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

idle wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:58 am Didn't you say the same thing? Yet here you are ...
At least he told us that he changed his mind! People are allowed to do that, you know... I thought I was going to stay with Windows forever, but I changed my mind. 8)

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Post by deepakdeshp »

Moem wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:19 am
idle wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:58 am Didn't you say the same thing? Yet here you are ...
At least he told us that he changed his mind! People are allowed to do that, you know... I thought I was going to stay with Windows forever, but I changed my mind. 8)
I am going to stay with Linux forever without any change of mind
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb
kenetics
Level 5
Level 5

Post by kenetics »

It seems like I've been here forever.
Using Mint as primary OS since 2006.
MrEen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by MrEen »

What was the question again?
lsemmens
Level 11
Level 11

Post by lsemmens »

I'm still here..... Of course, you know that women have cleaner minds than men.............they change them more often...... :lol: {runs.....hides}
Fully mint Household
Out of my mind - please leave a message
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Post by catweazel »

idle wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:58 am
I came back by popular demand. What's your excuse?
Derek_S
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Derek_S »

catweazel wrote: Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:32 amI came back by popular demand. What's your excuse?
Did I fall asleep and wake up in Las Vegas? LOL. Seriously, everyone is entitled to take a vacation or a sabbatical if needed. I'm back after taking about a year off, and I'm making it a point not to get involved with too many threads at the same time. It tends to burn you out after a while.
"When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your strength. Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living. If you see no reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself." - Tecumseh

Return to “Chat about Linux”