Lost my Applications on desktop-SOLVED

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Ragz

Lost my Applications on desktop-SOLVED

Post by Ragz »

This has to do with Ubuntu 16.04 LTS. I had intentions of file transfer to Linux MInt but cannot at this time. Here is what happened. In order to rid the system of spyware and/or tracking I added this command:

sudo apt-get remove unity-lens-shopping

the response to the command was,,, now called 'unity-scope-home',,, to which the command sudo apt-get remove unity-scope-home was inserted.

I rebooted and none of my applications and the launcher were no longer on the desktop. All I have now is an empty orange desktop leaving me no way to login to my system to retrieve my files and programs.

Need help on the return of my original desktop please.

thank you
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
gm10

Re: Lost my Applications on desktop

Post by gm10 »

These are the Linux Mint forums, for questions about Ubuntu you should head over to https://ubuntuforums.org/
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Re: Lost my Applications on desktop

Post by Moem »

Mod note:
Moved to the Chat area because it's not a question about Linux Mint.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!

Return to “Chat about Linux”