I love Linux Mint 19 Tara

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Palladini
Level 4
Level 4

I love Linux Mint 19 Tara

Post by Palladini »

To the folks who Put this Operating System together, I thank You for doing the work needed to do it.

The More I use Linux Mint 19, the more I love it. Do not get me wrong, I still have Linux mint 18.3 running on two laptops. (I have not figured out to install Linux Mint 19 on these with losing the windows options on them.) But on this Computer, I call 'My Video Editing Beast' , when I had Linux Mint 18.3, it was the Only OS on the heard drive, I only installed Windows 7 Pro on it, because I have lifetime subscription to Corel VideoStudio, and it will only run on windows Program. I do Kdenlive on Linux Mint Side and it has it's strengths and Corel has it's strengths. I often will, while making a video use both video editor to get done what needs to be done. Other than That, I have no reasons whatsoever to enter the windows side of this machine.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
[b]I love Linux Mint 21.1 Vanessa Cinnamon[/b]
Using Linux Mint since 2007, not programming smart, last program language I learned was called Basic on a Commodore 64
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Re: I love Linux Mint 19 Tara

Post by deepakdeshp »

+1 for the post
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb
deepakdeshp
Level 20
Level 20

Post by deepakdeshp »

+1 for the post
If I have helped you solve a problem, please add [SOLVED] to your first post title, it helps other users looking for help.
Regards,
Deepak

Mint 21.1 Cinnamon 64 bit with AMD A6 / 8GB
Mint 21.1 Cinnamon AMD Ryzen3500U/8gb
ud6

Post by ud6 »

Palladini wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:18 am To the folks who Put this Operating System together, I thank You for doing the work needed to do it.

The More I use Linux Mint 19, the more I love it. ... I do Kdenlive on Linux Mint Side and it has it's strengths and Corel has it's strengths. I often will, while making a video use both video editor to get done what needs to be done. Other than That, I have no reasons whatsoever to enter the windows side of this machine.
Kdenlive was one of the main reasons I could use Mint 100% of the time and no longer used Pinnacle Studio. Indeed, it was much faster for HD videos on my rubbish machine. I think we sometimes forget that the software is one of the major factors why we choose one operating system over another, so the software we need must be appropriate. WPS is another reason I now feel happy with 100% mint. Libreoffice really has to do something about making a more user friendly menu system - I know it's good, but to my it's ugly and not intuitive.
rick gen
Level 3
Level 3

Post by rick gen »

Linux Mint has three flavors, Cinnamon, Xfce, Mate.
You love them all?
Palladini
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Palladini »

I have only used Cinnamon, I have never tested or used the others
Using Linux Mint since 2007, not programming smart, last program language I learned was called Basic on a Commodore 64
BrianI

Post by BrianI »

I love Mint 19 XFCE! :D

I only hope the XFCE version of Mint does not eventually get dropped to focus on Mate or Cinnamon.

Hardware wise, my system has more than enough oomph to run the likes of Cinnamon, etc, but I just prefer a nice simple DE that does what is says on the tin!

I have had thoughts of going to Xubuntu, rather than Mint XFCE, but I like the fact that Mint is a long term support distro.
Palladini
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Palladini »

Kdenlive was one of the main reasons I could use Mint 100% of the time and no longer used Pinnacle Studio. Indeed, it was much faster for HD videos on my rubbish machine. I think we sometimes forget that the software is one of the major factors why we choose one operating system over another, so the software we need must be appropriate. WPS is another reason I now feel happy with 100% mint. Libreoffice really has to do something about making a more user friendly menu system - I know it's good, but to my it's ugly and not intuitive.
[/quote]

I once, when I had Windows XP running on Lower end machine than this machine, I also had Pinnacle Studio, then I found Vegas 10 Pro and it changed every thing, that is why I still run a version of Windows on My desktop Video Editing Beast.

Return to “Chat about Linux”