Mint Cinnamon on screen casting apps...

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rick gen
Level 3
Level 3

Mint Cinnamon on screen casting apps...

Post by rick gen »

Been wondering why Cinnamon is the only one having problem with recorders like Kazam, Vokoscreen...
The result of the recorded video is a flickering mess with flashes of whatever is in your background wallpaper.
I had waited for improvement since version 17, and the problem still exists.
Can't use if for recording my digital painting demos.
I use Xfce, instead, or KDE.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Mint Cinnamon on screen casting apps...

Post by catweazel »

rick gen wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:06 am Been wondering why Cinnamon is the only one having problem with recorders like Kazam, Vokoscreen...
The result of the recorded video is a flickering mess with flashes of whatever is in your background wallpaper.
I had waited for improvement since version 17, and the problem still exists.
Can't use if for recording my digital painting demos.
I use Xfce, instead, or KDE.
This is a bug in Cinnamon that the devs don't seem to be able to find. The most recent proprietary nVidia driver makes a big difference for those with nVidia cards but the problem persists. This bug not being fixed is why I won't run Cinnamon.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
rick gen
Level 3
Level 3

Post by rick gen »

catweazel wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:20 amThis is a bug in Cinnamon that the devs don't seem to be able to find. The most recent proprietary nVidia driver makes a big difference for those with nVidia cards but the problem persists. This bug not being fixed is why I won't run Cinnamon.
I had mentioned this in another thread hoping something will get done.
So I decided to make a thread, in case they missed it.
I mean I like Cinnamon, but this problem spoils the fun for me.
catweazel
Level 19
Level 19

Post by catweazel »

rick gen wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:31 am I had mentioned this in another thread hoping something will get done.
So I decided to make a thread, in case they missed it.
One of the devs, JosephM, I think, referred to it about a month back so it's known about. Unfortunately we don't often see devs here.
"There is, ultimately, only one truth -- cogito, ergo sum -- everything else is an assumption." - Me, my swansong.
rick gen
Level 3
Level 3

Post by rick gen »

Any other Ubuntu-based Cinnamon you can suggest so I can try if this problem also exists.
This hasn't been resolved in the latest Mint Cinnamon.

Return to “Chat about Linux”