Smallest/most obscure reason you've ever changed distros?

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jameskga
Level 4
Level 4

Smallest/most obscure reason you've ever changed distros?

Post by jameskga »

I am switching out distros on my laptop - the only machine I can use for two weeks - because 19.whatever is the one that plays more games.

I am on LMDE3 normally, except all my gaming rigs are packed up and this laptop is literally the only thing I can use, after water leaked in and destroyed my studio. Nothing was destroyed, but the space is unusable and likely to leak again. The only thing I am willing to keep down here until I move is this cheap laptop.

So because water destroyed my environment, I am installing Linux Mint 19.2 Xfce edition.

What is the strangest reason you ever switched a linux distribution?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
They say your favorite Mint edition was the one you installed when you still went to school with your friends.
I am out there
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Smallest/most obscure reason you've ever changed distros?

Post by Hoser Rob »

Dunno, I think that's going to be tough to beat.
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken
kukamuumuka

Post by kukamuumuka »

Poor language support (Manjaro).
Neil Edmond
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Neil Edmond »

A couple of cases that come to mind.... I didn't (and still don't) really like the green theme of Mint, and rather than spending the time needed to make Mint look like something else i installed PepperMint. All the same tools I'm used to with a better (to my eyes) color scheme. But for some reason, I don't seem to stay with Peppermint for long (having installed it a couple of times in the past) until I move on to something else. In this case it was MX-17.

On another occasion some years ago, the SSD in my laptop that was running AntiX died, and wanting to try something different, I install Linux Mint, and stuck with it.
Sabasti

Post by Sabasti »

Obscure reason. Those dots on ubuntu. OMG THE DOTS.
majpooper
Level 8
Level 8

Post by majpooper »

Fedora - spent less time with it then it took to install - why ? ? ? . . . . . . no reason, just did not "feel" right. :?
kukamuumuka

Post by kukamuumuka »

Not the smallest reason, but when Unity desktop came to Ubuntu, I got a strong reason to abandon Ubuntu. :lol:
twd78

Post by twd78 »

Same reason as administrollaattori
rambo919
Level 5
Level 5

Post by rambo919 »

Yeah Unity and Gnome are quite beneath me..... for tablets Unity could be great (neva actually tried it mind you) but gnome is becoming dumber by the year.

Return to “Chat about Linux”