[SOLVED] Cinnamon keyboard shortcuts

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
theoldfellow

Post by theoldfellow »

I am trying to turn off or reassign alt-Left-Mouse (Alt-LMB) and stop it de-maximising and moving the window.
It is not listed in the shortcuts in Settings->Keyboard.
Does anyone know how to access these hidden shortcuts.

(I am using Cinnamon 4.0.7 under Arch Linux, not Linux Mint)

TOF.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Re: Cinnamon keyboard shortcuts

Post by Moem »

Mod note:
Topic moved to Chat area, because it's not about Linux Mint.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
theoldfellow

Post by theoldfellow »

moved to chat where it won't get answered, you mean Moem.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

Many people use the quick link to view all new posts, and don't care in which section it's posted. But you may in fact have better chances posting on a forum that offers support for Arch.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
theoldfellow

Post by theoldfellow »

This is a Cinnamon related question. Cinnamon is a project of the Linux Mint organisation (that I help fund). So I asked the question in the Cinnamon-related forum. I get that YOU don't think it's Linux Mint related. Maybe I should just raise a Cinnamon bug that these keyboard shortcuts are not expressed in the Keyboard Shortcut section of the Settings.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

theoldfellow wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:57 am This is a Cinnamon related question. Cinnamon is a project of the Linux Mint organisation
Sure. But the Cinnamon forum here is the forum for Cinnamon on Mint, not for Cinnamon on Arch, or for Cinnamon in general. That's not because of what I think, that's just what it was set up for.
Still, I left your topic up... and someone may be able to help.

rambo919
Level 5
Level 5

Post by rambo919 »

I can see how these technicalities can be confusing.....
smurphos
Level 18
Level 18

Post by smurphos »

I tend to agree with the OP that Cinnamon is Cinnamon irrespective of the distro if the question is specific to Cinnamon. Not all distros that ship Cinnamon or make Cinnamon available will have a large Cinnamon user base to provide support and the dev team don't really want support questions on Github,

In this case both the question and the answer are distro agnostic.

You can disable the Alt window mouse modifier entirely in the Windows settings module > behaviour.

For custom Nemo actions, useful scripts for the Cinnamon desktop, and Cinnamox themes visit my Github pages.
theoldfellow

Post by theoldfellow »

Many thanks, Smurphos,
That was just the information that I needed.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Re: [SOLVED] Cinnamon keyboard shortcuts

Post by Moem »

theoldfellow wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 4:31 am Many thanks, Smurphos,
That was just the information that I needed.
Glad to see you got the help you needed! I marked the topic as solved for you in the first post (that way, the whole topic is marked as solved, not just your last post).

theoldfellow

Re: [SOLVED] Cinnamon keyboard shortcuts

Post by theoldfellow »

I tried to mark it solved in the main header, but couldn't see how. Maybe after 55 years in the IT industry I'm getting a bit stupid.

Return to “Chat about Linux”