irc channels

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
defy0
Level 1
Level 1

irc channels

Post by defy0 »

I have read the rules and the faq but where are the irc channels how are they accessed i dont see a link to irc . my main problem is and i know it is self inflicted is that after installing linux mint 19.1 cinanamon on a lenovo t430 Intel© Core™ i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz × 2 8gb ram 4.15.0-42-generic i cannot now recall what the password is when prompted after start up as i became distracted at the time. Is there a way around the requirement at start up / i have held the shift key but nothing changed and also the escape key at start up as well as the space bar . None of these actions made any difference the machine boots as normal.So the system is installed but i cannot get into it , reading elsewhere it seems a recurring problem that there are no options at start up to choose something other than normal boot. !!!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
JeremyB
Level 21
Level 21

Re: irc channels

Post by JeremyB »

The IRC channels can be accessed by going to https://community.linuxmint.com/ click the community tab, then chat. If you have access to Linux Mint, you can click chat on the welcome screen, in 19.1 it is under help
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Re: irc channels

Post by Moem »

defy0 wrote: Tue Jan 01, 2019 8:53 am i cannot now recall what the password is when prompted after start up as i became distracted at the time. Is there a way around the requirement at start up
That won't fix it, because you will also need that password to update the system and to install software. Since this is a new installation, you're probably not going to lose much if you simply start over.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!

Return to “Chat about Linux”