For guitar players - ZOOM Guitar Lab

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
fatso
Level 4
Level 4

For guitar players - ZOOM Guitar Lab

Post by fatso »

This info comes from WineDB: https://forum.winehq.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=33304
That post deals with Guitar Lab v5, but the same process works for v7 as well.

If you have a ZOOM guitar effects processor, then you've likely tried to install their Guitar Lab software under wine...and failed with the error:

Code: Select all

IDS_ERROR_NO_WIZARD_PAGES
The GUI installer doesn't seem to work for any linux user I can find, but you CAN install it successfully via terminal command. You simply need to run it as a wine command with the /silent switch. You do also need to install other requirements (example: latest .net version - I used 4.8 ), so look at the requirements for windows and get those installed via winetricks first.

Then, all ya gotta do is open a terminal at the location of "Guitar Lab Setup.exe", and run the following command:

wine Guitar\ Lab\ Setup.exe /silent
Worked great for me, desktop launcher & all. The software detects my ZOOM G1X faster than windows does, too. So far, no issues at all. Hope this helps somebody somewhere sometime. Rock on, McDuff! :D
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
stini01
Level 1
Level 1

Re: For guitar players - ZOOM Guitar Lab

Post by stini01 »

Hi,
I got today my new G5n and I tried to install the Guitar Lab software as you suggested but I got some errors

0037:err:mscoree:LoadLibraryShim error reading registry key for installroot
Plus, the software seems to be installed but it fails to connect to the internet and it can't find my Zoom G5n connected via USB

I am new to using wine, so can you please give me any suggestions on how to properly install Guitar Lab and its dependencies?
Thanks
fatso
Level 4
Level 4

Re: For guitar players - ZOOM Guitar Lab

Post by fatso »

stini01 wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:08 am Hi,
I got today my new G5n and I tried to install the Guitar Lab software as you suggested but I got some errors

0037:err:mscoree:LoadLibraryShim error reading registry key for installroot
Plus, the software seems to be installed but it fails to connect to the internet and it can't find my Zoom G5n connected via USB

I am new to using wine, so can you please give me any suggestions on how to properly install Guitar Lab and its dependencies?
Thanks
I'm so sorry, I have no idea what those errors mean. Have you tried searching online using your Zoom model, the word "linux", and the error?
Maybe someone else around here might jump in and help too. I suggest starting your own post here so you get noticed better.

Return to “Chat about Linux”