Favorite Linux Podcasts

Chat about Linux in general
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read the forum rules. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.

What Linux-related podcast(s) do you listen to?

Destination Linux
14%
Linux Unplugged
18%
Linux Action News
14%
Late Night Linux
10%
This Week In Linux
8%
Linux For Everyone
8%
Going Linux
No votes
Planet Ubuntu
No votes
Mint Cast
22%
Something Else? Put in your comment.
8%

Total votes: 51

Portreve
Level 13
Level 13

Favorite Linux Podcasts

Post by Portreve »

Recently I've gotten into listening to podcasts on my morning drive time. In particular, I've been listening to Destination Linux, Linux Unplugged, Linux Action News, and I'm starting to get into Mint Cast.

Just wondering what everyone else listens to? By all means, if you listen to a non-English-language podcast, post it so that others who might be interested can benefit.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Flying this flag in support of freedom 🇺🇦

Recommended keyboard layout: English (intl., with AltGR dead keys)

Podcasts: Linux Unplugged, Destination Linux

Also check out Thor Hartmannsson's Linux Tips YouTube Channel
Gruppo Sportivo
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Favorite Linux Podcasts

Post by Gruppo Sportivo »

DAMIEN1307

Post by DAMIEN1307 »

Just wondering what everyone else listens to? By all means, if you listen to a non-English-language podcast, post it so that others who might be interested can benefit.
Hi Portreve...The only one missing in your poll is "None"...Seriously, it would be interesting to know what the percentage of people who never listen to these podcasts would be...DAMIEN
rickNS
Level 9
Level 9

Post by rickNS »

DAMIEN1307 wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:05 pm
Hi Portreve...The only one missing in your poll is "None"...Seriously, it would be interesting to know what the percentage of people who never listen to these podcasts would be...DAMIEN
Good suggestion Damien. I for one have never heard of any of those, or any others.
Mint 20.0, and 21.0 MATE on Thinkpads, 3 X T420, T450, T470, and X200
Mick-Cork
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Mick-Cork »

I'll join the list of those who don't listen to any Linux podcasts, mainly because I'm not aware of them. What I do check in on though is 'Switched to Linux' on Youtube, as the guy who presents it is a long time Mint user and he does a review whenever a release comes along. I find it an easy way to see what's new in LM.

I might go searching for some of those podcasts though anyway, I guess I'm just happy with LM so probably got a bit lazy keeping up to date with the wider Linux world. Is that a good thing, or not! :)
DAMIEN1307

Post by DAMIEN1307 »

I might go searching for some of those podcasts though anyway, I guess I'm just happy with LM so probably got a bit lazy keeping up to date with the wider Linux world. Is that a good thing, or not! :)
Unfortunately, after hearing a few of these so called "enlightened and informative" pod cast discussions in the distant past myself, ive consigned them into the trash heap of my mind as just another "gab fest" with just as many opposing opinions on the same topics, as all people have.....????.....Nope, not going there...lol...DAMIEN
Portreve
Level 13
Level 13

Post by Portreve »

The reason I started listening to podcasts in general, and Linux-related ones in particular, is that I was bored and looking for additional things to listen to when I'm going to be on the road, early in the morning, driving for upwards of 2.5 hours to get to that day's place of work.

The reason I've kept listening to (at least some of) them is I find them informative and interesting. I'm not involved with others IRL, certainly not vis a vis Linux, and frankly even here on LMF, the range of discussed topics outside of specific areas of troubleshooting, are honestly very limited. In listening to Destination Linux and Linux Action News (in particular) there's any number of things I now know about, irrespective of whether I care about them. And, frankly, that's a good thing, because you cannot broaden your horizons without exposure (through some mechanism) to "other things".

I wouldn't know anything (or all that much) about the whole Audacity acquisition and the new owners' theories on how the software should be handled, if there should be telemetry, etc. Likewise I wouldn't know anything about the Freenode situation. I would have no knowledge of Pipewire, and only the vaguest of recollections of hearing the name "Wayland". All of these things and a ton more are simply cool. The stuff that matters I retain; the rest can go by the wayside. That said, if someone here were to bring up something that I've now heard about, at least I can try to have an intelligent conversation about it, or decide that perhaps I need to learn more and then monitor that conversation here. There are, after all, some very intelligent and in-the-know types here, and when they open their mouths, it's to my benefit to listen.
Flying this flag in support of freedom 🇺🇦

Recommended keyboard layout: English (intl., with AltGR dead keys)

Podcasts: Linux Unplugged, Destination Linux

Also check out Thor Hartmannsson's Linux Tips YouTube Channel
busdriver12
Level 3
Level 3

Post by busdriver12 »

I also listen to Distro Hoppers Digest. It's a monthly podcast about other distros and is aligned with the team that put together Mintcast. I've found some of the history lessons in relation to various distros fascinating.

I used to listen to This Week In Linux but found the host has a bias against Linux Mint and eventually dropped it. That podcast is mostly reading websites which I can do myself.

IMHO of course ;)
Phil

Linux Mint 21.3
Cinnamon 6.0.4
coliningram68
Level 1
Level 1

Post by coliningram68 »

I like Destination Linux podcast and a linux podcasts with news interviews and some fun.
If you need podcast sound mixer software so you can visit faze1audio.
M6WIQ
Level 1
Level 1

Post by M6WIQ »

I also listen to Ubuntu Podcast, Self Hosted and 2.5 Admins. Self Hosted and 2.5 Admins aren't specifically focused on Linux Distributions, but they do touch on topics relevant to Linux.
Running Mint 21.1 Cinnamon.
Desktop: Dell Precision 3430 SFF Desktop | i7-8700 | 16GB RAM | 1TB NVME SSD | 500GB HDD
Laptop: Lenovo Thinkpad P15 Gen 2 | i7-11850H | 32GB RAM | 3x1TB NVME SSD

Return to “Chat about Linux”